Challenge #15

Jace POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Jace POV

Of course it's the fucking werewolves, I hear Alec mutter under his breath as we stand guard while Izzy finds Vieve, Simon and Clary. Thank god the mundane called otherwise who the fuck knows what would have happened? I hear the familiar clink of Izzy's boots approaching in the distance, the relief surging through my blood at the thought of Genevieve being ok. Izzy rounds the corner followed by Clary and Simon just as we hear the fire alarm go off. I wait for Genevieve to turn around the corner after them snickering at the fact that we thought she needed help. But she doesn't come.
"Izzy where the fuck is she?" I grind out trying not to take my anger out on Izzy, the concerned look in her eyes telling me something is wrong and my suspicions being confirmed when I see the guilty look on Clarissa's face.
"Clary where is she?!" I snap unable to stop myself.
"It was her dad who took us, she kept talking back to him it was her fault." I sigh, knowing exactly what Genevieve was doing and to my surprise so does Simon.
"Clary she was talking back to him, to save us she kept him distracted so he got angry at her and didn't torture us." A look of realisation crosses over Clarys face, her guilt only increasing. Wait a second...
"Simon what did you just say?" I ask him, Alec giving me a confused look,
"I said that she was talking to distract him." He replies looking at me like I've become a dimwit,
" No I know not that what did you say at the end."
"Oh" Simon looks down, "She told me not to tell you but she is in danger now, they tortured her, she continued to distract them so they wouldn't torture us"
"I'm going to kill those fuckers" Alec surprises me with his rage, although it matches my own and the look of pure concern and panic in Alec's eyes scares me, Alec always knows what to do.
"Guys" Izzy starts as we turn around to see the alpha of the wolves and his pack heading towards us, changing into his wolf and barring his teeth, all of us jumping into fighting stance only another wolf, the beta it looks like jumps forward and attacks the alpha. The beta wins, however due to his injuries he collapses and transforms back to his human form. Clary gasps and runs forward, Simon following close behind her
"Luke" she exclaims, so this is Luke the new alpha of the Brooklyn pack. Alec, Izzy and I walk forward. Alec's stance seems as though he has a plan, which I hope ge does cause we need to do something.
"Ok Izzy you and Simon take Clary and Luke to Magnus's, he will know what to do. Jace you and me will try to find Genevieve" Everyone nods and even in this time I don't fail to notice how Alec's eyes warm at the mention of Magnus. Izzy and Simon head off to find a car while Clary comforts Luke, looking up at us,
"Go find her, you two, she saved us now we save her." And in that moment all the bad Clary has done vanishes as she knows what to do in he moment. Alec and I snap to alert heading into the Japanese restaurant.

"Did you hear that?" Alec asks me whispering, I nod hearing the sound of distant talking and struggling.
"WHERE IS SHE?!" I yell, knowing he can here me and she can too. Alec slaps a hand over my mouth but we hear footsteps in the hallway. Slowly we walk forward armed and ready for battle, but what we see isn't vicious warrior.

I am almost sick when I see her walk slowly towards us, clutching the wall for support. She stands only in her bra and pants, blood running down her body, the wounds not healing leading me to think they were inflicted by silver. The marks of a silver whip. They marks her skin like patterns of hate, marking her permanently, marking her with my failure, marking her with pain.
"Genevieve?" My voice cracks when she lifts her head to look at me, her face is beaten by a fist, a blue bruise covering her open eye, the other sealed shut by swelling. Her lips cut open, and blood smeared over her cheeks, a large cut on her jaw. And yet; she is still beautiful.
"Hi guys" her voice comes out as a whisper but both Alec and I still hear it as we run forward. She stumbles towards us, falling over her own feet. I go to hug her but her cry of pain stops me as soon as I touch her. She reaches her arm onto Alec's fore arm, the other securing itself on my shoulder. Her legs are the least scarred but it seems as though the ankle has been broken or dislocated slowing her down. Alec pulls out his phone, dialling on the speed dial, what is he doing?
However my thoughts are interrupted when Genevieve's grip on my shoulder tightens immeasurably, panic settling down to my core
"Gen-" I am cut off as her entire body keels over, black liquid spilling from her mouth as though it is poison, the entire liquid looks like death. Alec eyes are wide with panic as he speaks hurriedly into his phone,
"Magnus we are going to need a portal"