Challenge #29

Genevieve POV

The room is light, the smell of smoke and blood in the air. 

To my left stands Valentine, his hand reached out towards mine as I see Jace walk away from me. 

But then Valentine laughs, and Jace falls to the ground, bloody pooling around his body as my legs move instantly towards him. 

"No no no, he can't be, he can't be dead" I watch myself scream out.

and then its darkness. 

"Whats wrong with her Hodge?" is that Alec? why does he sound so groggy? where am I?

Slowly my eyes begin to blink open, the light bright as my eyes feel tight and dry. Why is it so fucking bright? I can make out blurry figures around me, as well as overlapping voices. I keep blinking trying to clear my eyes off the haze, looking around, trying to differentiate anything. 

And then I lock onto them. 

Those eyes. The eyes of the man I love. The eyes of the man who broke me. The eyes of the man who doesn't love me back. 

Jace. 

I feel my breathing start to increase, panic setting in as I can't figure out what happened, were those dreams? were they visions? what did any of it mean?

and what on earth did Valentine mean by heir? was it real?

"Hey, hey, Vieve, its ok I'm here" I hear the voice of Alec, turning my head to see his bright blue eyes looking at me with intense worry and a hint of fear.

"Alec! what happened?" I cry out, grabbing onto him as tight as I can, needing anything to bring me back to reality, to feel something real, to feel someone real. 

His arms wrap around me, bringing me into his chest as a sob escapes me. I feel beyond overwhelmed, what the fuck is happening to me?!

I feel a hand gently running over my back in circular motions, turning my head to see Izzy giving me a tight lipped smile. 

I am okay,. this is real, I am here, I am in the infirmary. The infirmary? Oh fuck I got stabbed. 

Quickly pushing myself off Alec, I pull up my shirt to see no sign I was ever injured. So I did heal, so why am I in the infirmary?

"It healed, but you wouldn't wake up" Hodges voice answers my unspoken questions. 

As I turn to look around everyone, I see Jace has left as Clary comes over to give me a hug. 

He doesn't care. 

Why did I expect him too? He told me I am nothing to him. I am not good enough for him, I never will be. 

Jace POV

Those eyes fucking ruin me. 

She's awake, she woke up, she's here, she's alive and awake right in front of me. 

What. is wrong with her? Her chest begins to heave with fast breaths pulling out of her body as her face transforms into a look of panic. Her eyes searching for something or someone. 

I watch as Alec soothes her, she wraps her arms around him in a tight hug, her sobs breaking my heart. 

Alec holds her while Izzy strokes her back, trying to calm her down. 

I should be the one holding her, I should have been here when she woke up. 

I should have never kissed Clary. 

It's not fair to me or to Clary herself. 

I can't lead her on, not when one look from those eyes knocks the breath out of me and makes me feel like I'm falling in love with her all over again. 

Fuck I love her. I can't deny myself that truth. 

Turn away and walk away from the Infirmary before I can't hold myself back.