Challenge #35

Vieve POV

 Vieve POV

The man gripped my hair tightly, dragging me behind him, my feet rushing to keep up with his pace. 

I try to catch as many details as I can, as he pulls me along the dark hallway. 

There are multiple doors on either side of us, all sealed with heavy locks hanging off them. The man in front of me is tan and dark featured. The tattoo on his neck taking up plenty of space, faded indicating it had been there for a long time.

The tattoo that everyone in the Underworld would recognise. The circle tattoo. The same one that had marked Hodges neck. The one that signified loyalty to one man. The man who wanted me. 

The man who it seemed had finally got me. 

Clary's father. 

Valentine. 

Rounding a corner, the man slows down as he greets two men standing outside a pair of large golden doors. 

They both eye me up and down, their faces forming large sadistic smiles indicating they know exactly who I am. 

As the doors open, the light hurts my eyes. The whole room is golden, all the furnishings and finishings the same colour of gold.

In the middle of he room is a table, a long dining table. Filling it is delicacies of all different types. There are desserts, oysters, pasta's, steaks, anything I could imagine was present at the table. The table set for two people, two throne like chairs at either end. 

One of the thrones holds the man of my nightmares. 

The nightmares I am beginning to live. 

"Genevieve Petit, finally living up to what your father planned for you" His voice is smooth and charming, his cult leader charisma ap[parent as he flashes me a wicked smile. 

"Please sit, I have prepared a feast my love" 

Being dragged to the table, I feel the bile rise in my throat as he talks to me with such desire. His creepiness making my heart rate speed. 

My body is forced down into the chair, a small girl moving forward to fill my glass of wine as the man who bought me here, reaches down to tie my feet to the chair I am sat at. 

Silver handcuffs burn my ankles, limiting my movement. The memory of first meeting Alec pops through my head. When I punched him in the face, before I knew what he would mean to me. 

The second memory is Jace. The burger and Jace. The handcuffs and Jace. The Silent Brothers and Jace.

Jace who is the person I most desire to protect, the man I love. The man who will die because of me. Unless I can fix it. 

I have to fix it. 

My nightmares might become my reality but I will do everything I possibly can to stop him from getting here, everything I can to save him. Even if I can't save myself. 

"What do you want from me?" My voice snaps through the golden room, as Valentines eye blaze with anger and secrets. 

He steps up, walking down the table towards me. His hands clenched in fists as he approaches, uncurling to wave off the man behind me who backs away. 

Valentine pulls my chair out from the table, my ankles pulling against the silver making me wince. His hand reaches down, gripping my chin harshly, pulling my fave up so my eyes are forced to look into his. 

"A wife" his voice slithers out, his smile growing with pride. 

A wife? 

"What?" my eyes snapping to his again, confusion obviously written on my face. 

"You are here to be my wife, blood the mix of wolf, faerie and shadow hunter, face as beautiful as the rain, with no one who loves you, no one who cares for you, you are here to be minuend to give me what I most desire...."

"An heir" He finishes after pausing, adding suspense as if he's the main character in a movie. 

"You are going to marry me and rape me?" I hate how scared my voice sounds, but though all the torture I have endured, I am lucky enough that the experience is not one I've had and is definitely the torture I fear the most. 

"No, no, no, not rape darling. I may be evil but I'm not sick. I will wait until you love me and you will have my heir consensually" his hands caresses my cheek, as he lowers himself down to my eye line. 

Slowly he leans forward, his lips attaching themselves to my cheek as I instinctively wince and pull away. 

He grabs my chin in the same way as before, except harsher this time and I am forced to show him my tears streaked face. Tears I hadn't even noticed were starting to fall. Tears that made him smile. Tears for the man I do love. 

"I will never love you, and I will never consent" I bite out, his hand hitting my cheek harshly as soon as I utter the words. He spits at my face, his other hand reaching to a tight grip around my throat. His face comes closer and closer to mine as he leans towards my ear and whispers,

"I will make you, don't forget who I am Genevieve, you don't stand a chance"

And with that he slaps me hard across the face again and I am pulled to my feet and lead out of the golden room, Valentines laughs haunting my ears as the tears fall freely down my face now. 

Back down the hallway with the padlocked doors, dragged by my hair, my ankles still bound in silver. 

The door at the end of the hallway is being unlocked. The heavy metal door being opened. My body being dragged and thrown into the cold, dark room. 

I wince as I am harshly thrown to the floor, dazed from my head hitting the cod ground. The door is closed again and locked before I have a chance to gather myself. 

Pulling my body up to a sitting position, I lean my head against the wall as I start to cry hard now. The sobs coming up from my stomach and tearing through my rib cage. I can't calm myself how I normally do, instead my sobs get louder and stronger. My whole body shakes, and my wails are so loud I almost miss the quiet voice coming from the darkness. 

"Vieve? Is that you?" the voice is a soft whisper, my breath stopping in my chest. 

"Clary?" my voice sounding broken from my tears, bu the hope clearly present. 

The small amount of light in the room illuminates a flash of bright red hair as I feel her body attach to mine, her arms bringing me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around her as quickly as I can. 

Another hand gently grips my shoulder from behind Clary, my heart racing in my chest at the possibility it might be Jace. 

He was here in the nightmare. 

Is he here? With Clary?

But instead the face of an older woman becomes visible. She is beautiful in the way shadow hunters are beautiful and she looked kind. 

She also looked like the spitting image of Clary. 

"Jocelyn"