Act 1. Champagne: Challenge #1

Listen to Drive by Ben Khan

Jace POV

I am so sick of waiting. 

Alec and I have been waiting for Isabelle to dress Clary up for the last half hour. 

Clary has only been here for two days and already Alec is sick of her.

Two days ago we were on a mission at a club to see who is paying the vampires for mundane blood. Then as the fight broke out this tiny little red head who I had seen earlier came running and pushed me out of the way of killing a demon. Seriously what the fuck?! However I continued to fight and we killed them all but much to Alecs anguish we did not complete the mission. I was intriqued by the little red fairy that had come storming into our lives head first. She was definitely a shadowhunter, the gleam in her eyes when she picked up my blade and the way the glow reflected off her pale skin told me as much. However it seemed as if she was raised as a mundane, her tendencies unlike those of any shadowhunter in my memory. Now im not usually one too slk but turns out I was doing her a favor, despite the teasing from Isabelle. So here we are now waiting for the two girls to go to the warlocks rave.

Isabelle and Clary appeared in front of us, a cloud of powder and perfume surrouding them like a storm. Isabelle looked good as usual, her dark hair and dark eyes contrasting between Clarys less confident, awkwarder figure. Her red hair and nervous eyes drawing me in, a chuckle escaping from my cage, set free as her cheeks redden and her yes focusing on what was below her feet. She was attractive, my usual type apart from the red hair, but the difference was that she intriqued me. Where the fuck did she come from?

"Finally lets go" Alec breaks my train of thought however I nod agreeing with my Parabatai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello little shadowhunters, enjoying the party?" The cat eyed warlock eyes us, Alec distracted by the fact that the man has no pants on.

"Magnus, loving it, and the make up" Izzy compliments, getting in her comfort zone. The grin on the warlocks face indicates that she seems to be heading in the right direction.

"Magnus Bane I would like my memories eturned to me, we bought your necklace' Clary steps forward, a sudden burst of confidence.

"I would like to see the jewels first" Magnus purrs, his voice untrustworthy. His eyes graze other the red ruby, a shadowhunters jewel originally, I wonder how Magnus came to yearn for it.

"You know I thought that by now you Shadowhunters would've been enlisted to help with the rogue werewolf?"

"What?!" Alec, Isabelle and I exclaim at the same time earning a snicker from Magnus while Clary giggles.

"Oh I see I was wrong, however Clarissa I am afraid I no longer have your memories, I have fed them to a memory demon. Contact me once you have found the rogue and I will summon the demon, I am very interested to see why this man is causing so much trouble for the other packs"

And with that Magnus is gone and we have a new challenge.