Challenge #37

Vieve P

Vieve P.O.V.

Clary and Jocelyn had been in this cage the entire time since Clary was taken. Jocelyn doesn't talk much but she mentioned that she had been in a separate cell prior to Clary arriving but neither of them had come into contact with Valentine yet. 

That was just me. 

All three of us huddled together in the cell overnight, the cold air biting at our skin. No warmth was in this place, rather it was cold, chilling air in a sterile environment of darkness. 

As much as I was grateful to not be alone, Clary and Jocelyn being here primarily just filled me with more dread. He had everything he wanted here, his family, the cup, and me. 

My body ached with pain and exhaustion, I guess this was the beginning of the process starting. The beginning of me breaking. 

I hadn't been able to feel my wolf or my wings since arriving here, assumably the wards are preventing it. 

But I know, that no matter what he does or how beaten down I get, I will never consent to that man. 

Clary and Jocelyn were cuddled together in the corner when I had gotten up this morning, having been unable to properly rest throughout the night. The mother and daughter looked so similar it was as though I had double vision. Despite being captives, Clary seemed the most content I have ever seen her being with her mother. 

I had been pacing in the limited space for the hour or two, my sense of time lacking, since I had woken up. My mind running over everything Clary and I had discussed the night prior. 

I had told Clary about my dreams, all of them, and for the first time in too long, someone comforted me and held their arms around me. Jocelyn had been sleeping, as Clary and I whispered like little girls. 

I expressed my confusion over seeing her and Jocelyn here, rather than Jace. 

Clary had told me the story of Hodge taking her. 

I told her about the fire engulfing Magnus, her and Jace together, and Valentines plans for an heir. 

And Clary told me that Jace is in love with me. 

Jace is in love with me. 

I know he's not, but the illusion of the idea made everything just tiny bit easier to deal with. 

Clary had grown on me through this time, she had apologised for everything with Jace even though none of it was her fault at all. 

She told me she had no feelings for him romantically, and that she knew he was in love with me. 

How did she know? Well, according to Clary she could see it in his eyes. She told me what happened after I saw their kiss, how she had known Jace had strong feelings for me because of his expression when I caught them, how he had cried himself. How he had explained why he couldn't be with me.