Challenge #17

Genevieve POV

Genevieve POV

How do you know? How do you tell if someone feels the same as you or feels at all? Love can be expressed through actions and words but can you ever be certain or is it just in the females nature to not trust? Not all females of course just the ones I have met. Me included. I never know, how do I know? Is there some rule book? How do I even know if I am attractive? 

I don't. That's it. That's the answer.

I can confidentially recognise when another girl is attractive but I see my face everyday it is just me it is not either ugly nor a attractive it is just my face.
Anyway the sum of all these thoughts is that I don't know if Jace likes me back. 

Yup, I like him. 

I said it but seen as I've been stuck at Magnus's the last few days because Jace and Alec still think I'm unwell I've had a lot of time to overthink. And I know that Alec likes Jace, although I also think he likes Magnus and Clary definitely seems to have feeling for Jace. I don't know I'm a downworlder as well so I feel as though he is very much so out of my league.

"Fuck" I scream, I'm stuck here all by myself in this fucking apartment and I hate it I hate them all for just leaving me here. 

It's been five days since I've seen Jace, literally every single other one has come and seen me, even Clary, but Jace is an asshole who just leaves me here. 

Arghhhh! 

The anger build up inside me is too much constantly now, I'm angry at my father, angry at Alec and Jace for keeping me here, angry at Magnus for nothing, angry at the world. 

And I don't know what to do, I know that anger is just how I deal with my emotions, I know that I'm hurt that Jace hasn't come to see me, I'm hurt that I'm stuck with my father being the way he is, but since I was young it's been engrained in me that hurt is a weakness and anger is a strength. I angry at myself most of all, angry at myself for caring and showing weakness. 

I haven't been able to look at my wings yet, I'm terrified of what they'll show, of what it means, I haven't shifted at all since that night. If my father saw me now he would be pissing himself with laughter, grinning like a mad man he ruined me a second time, he succeeded.

"Look at you! You're fucking weak" I can hear his voice resound in my head, critiquing my every move, my every emotion. 

 But I know it's time. It's been time for the past few days, I've just been avoiding it like the plague.

I pick myself up off Magnus's couch and walk towards his marble bathroom with the large mirror. I strip my top off and stand bare in front of myself. It's impeccable how brutal the truth can be sometimes, all you can do is admire the bluntness of the truth.