Chapter 40

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: KIDNAPPING⚠️

The past few nights I've felt uneasy. Of course the others noticed but they brushed it off because of losing the game against Nohebi. Even so, I've asked Koutarou to stay with me at night and of course he agreed.

Tonight I was having a particularly hard time sleeping. I finally decided to get up, careful not to wake Kou, and walked downstairs to get a glass of water. But just as I grabbed a glass I felt something cold and sharp on my throat and a hot breath on the back of my neck. I gasped and dropped the cup, shattering it. As I was about to scream there was a hand on my mouth.

"We can't have you waking up the others now can we?"

Tetsu's POV

The sound of glass shattering woke me. I hate being a light sleeper. I almost went back to sleep after assuming it was just Y/N but had an uneasy feeling that wouldn't go away. I walked downstairs but I didn't see anyone. There was only a shattered cup lying on the floor.

"Y/N?" I looked around but didn't see her.

I ran to her room and opened the door but only saw Bokuto asleep. The uneasy feeling I had grew stronger.

"Bokuto!" I shook him awake. "Where's Y/N?"

"Huh? She-" He realized she wasn't beside him anymore.

I looked to her bedside table and saw her phone and keys laying there.

"Shit." I ran out along with Bokuto and searched the house but I couldn't find her.

I should've listened to her earlier.

I turned to Bokuto, frantic. "Call the police."

He fished his phone out of his pocket and called the police.

Just then Hikari walked down the stairs. "What are you two doing?"

"Y/N's gone."

"Wait what?"

"She's gone. She's not here. We can't find he-"

She cut me off, "Tetsurou calm down. We'll find her."

She looked calm, but I could see the tears in her eyes.

"They're on the way." Bokuto's voice cracked and he paced around until they arrived.

Minutes later they arrived and looked around and talked to the three of us.

"Is there anyone who would want to harm her or take her?"

"Hao. Hao M-Manami. He keeps showing up to harass her and she's been on edge the last few weeks. I think he's been stalking her. I'll kill that bastard."

"Sir," The other officer walked over. "We found this." He held up a bag that had a broken glass shard in it. With blood on it.

"Oh my god." I collapsed to my knees and grabbed my head.

The next thing I knew Bokuto, Hikari, and I were sitting in the police station. I was sitting in one of the chairs with my head in my hands and Bokuto was up pacing around. Hikari had been taken back to be interviewed.

I heard the pacing stop and I looked up to see why and I almost gasped. The look in his eyes was filled with anger and almost like murderous intent. It scared me a bit, but I don't blame him. If it really was Hao that took her then he won't be the only one going to prison.