Chapter 4

Your POV

"It's Hikari.."

My breath caught in my throat.

"W-what?"

"S-she got hit and is at the hospital."

My eyes went wide and I stood up from my seat, "Send me the address. I'll be there in a few minutes." I hung up the call and hurried over to the door pulling my shoes on.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Tetsu came beside me grabbing onto my shoulders and Bokuto wasn't far behind.

My voice cracked. "H-Hikari. S-she's at the hospital." My vision became blurry as tears began to form.

"I'm coming with you." He looked over to Bokuto and he nodded and they both slid their shoes on and we started making our way to the hospital.

We walked in and I saw the rest of the team in the lobby.

"Chiyo!" I yelled to her and she looked over and ran towards me embracing me in a hug. Moments later pulling back. "Where is she?" I asked.

"Surgery. They said the injuries were bad but she'll be okay."

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding. "Thank god." I said and pulled Chiyo in for another hug and she gladly wrapped her arms around me.

A few long moments later and we broke the hug she looked behind me and saw Tetsu and Bokuto.

"Chiyo you already know Tetsurou but this is Bokuto, captain of Fukurodani's boy volleyball team. They're best friends and was also with me, Tetsu, and Hikari last night."

"Nice to meet you." She waved slightly being polite and he nodded back.

"Did they say how long surgery would take?"

"About half an hour."

The four of us walked over to the rest of the team and her parents and little sister was also there.

We talked to the team for awhile until the doctor finally came out and talked to her parents then her mom turned to me.

"She's gonna be fine. They've finished surgery and said we could visit her once she wakes up."

"When will that be?"

"Shouldn't be long from now."

Once they said we could finally go see her, her parents went in first and then came out and let me, Tetsu, Bokuto, and the team go in and talk to her.

"Hikari!" I ran over to her and quickly sat beside her and grabbed her hand in mine. "What happened?"

"The driver wasn't paying attention and hit me."

"Your'e kidding?"

"Nope. The doctors said I have a fractured wrist and knee, a broken ankle, and just some cuts and bruises. I'm gonna have to stay for at least 2 weeks."

That's when I also noticed the large red scrape on the left side of her face and arm.

"I'm just happy you're alive." I sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry I don't even think I'll be able to be at nationals by your side." She said disappointed and about to cry.

"Don't be. This isn't your fault. Once we make it, we'll come and celebrate with you."

She smiled and nodded.

We all talked for another hour or so before visiting hours ended and we had to leave.

Me, Tetsu, and Bokuto went back to our house and I went up to my room and locked the door. Once in there all of my anxieties and emotions that had built up started to flow out. I couldn't breathe and my vision went blurry from the tears.

I couldn't let my team see me like this.