Chapter 47

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF DEATH, NEEDLES⚠️

"Stop messing with your IV."

"But it itches!" I whined.

"You're gonna mess it up." Kou chimed in and smiled.

"You try having a needle in your arm 24/7 and see how it feels."

It had been a few days since they found me and I already can't stand being in this hospital.

"I know. I just want you to come back home." Tetsurou sighed and laid his head on the bed.

"...I don't know if I can go home.."

"What do you mean?" Kou rubbed the top of my hand.

"I just.. I don't think that.. that I can go back there after what he did. I mean.. He kidnapped me in our kitchen." I stole a glance at Tetsu and he looked like he was thinking.

"You could stay at my house for a while?"

"Kou I can't-" Tetsu cut me off.

"That might be a good idea."

"Huh? Tetsu I'm not gonna leave you."

"What I mean is, I've been taking part of the money mom and dad have been giving us for years and saving it. We can get a new place. Somewhere we can have a fresh start. Somewhere not filled with years of bad memories.."

"My closet."

"What?"

"I've been doing the same thing. My only dream was to finally leave that house. The money is under a floorboard in my closet." I softly smiled. "But don't you dare try to get a place without my approval." He laughed.

"Of course I won't. I'll bring my laptop tomorrow and we can look together."

"Mom and dad will have a real shock when they get back and we're gone." I laughed.

Tetsu took in a sharp breath and Kou's grip on my hand tightened for a split second.

"What?"

"Nothing." They said in unison.

My heart was beating out of my chest already. The way they said it made me extremely scared. "D-Don't you dare do this to me. What the fuck happened?"

Tetsu paused for a moment before speaking up. "When you disappeared.. They tried to contact them." He took a deep breath. "They died almost two months ago."

My heart stopped. "Wh-What?"

I saw his eyes begin to tear, "A car accident. They wanted me to wait for you to make funeral arrangements."

"No." I quickly said. "They don't get one. They don't deserve that."
I started crying. "They don't get to lay there in a coffin all nice and pretty and have people say how good of people they were. They don't get to have that closure."

I looked over to Tetsu and he had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Why couldn't they love us? Why couldn't we have a normal family?" I cried.

Kou held my hand tightly. I flinched a bit but tried to relax as much as I could.

There was a light knock on the door and one of the nurses walked in. She changed my IV and left the room.

After a few minutes I spoke up again. "They can go to hell for all I care."