Chapter 43

"You're insane."

"'Insane' is just a label you give to others to make yourself feel better." He stepped back a bit and grabbed a case I hadn't even noticed. "Everyone's insane in their own way." He opened it and inside was syringes and little bottles. He stabbed one of the syringes into a bottle and it slowly filled up with a clear liquid.

"I just happen to be worse."

Despite the pain I tried backing away as far as I could after he stood back up. Unfortunately I couldn't go far as my back had hit the wall.

"This might hurt a bit."

~

It had been almost two weeks since Y/N had disappeared. Everyone had been one edge and didn't know what to do. Bokuto, Hikari, and I were sitting at the police station as they had just questioned us again.

But just as they were about to let us leave, officers started hurrying out the door and with them I saw the head investigator, Krista. Before she went out I caught her wrist.

"What's going on?" I asked worried.

Nothing prepared me for what she said next.

"I think we found her."

Bokuto and Hikari quickly stood up.

"I know what you're thinking. We're not supposed to bring you along." She quickly said after.

Bokuto interjected, "Let us come. Please."

She sighed and looked over at another officer who quickly nodded before running out. "Fine, but we'll only take two."

I looked behind at them before Hikari quickly agreed to stay. "Go on. Bring her home safe." She said as she teared up.

I nodded and swiftly kissed her before running out with Bokuto and Krista and got into a black car with another investigator.

As we drove, Krista explained, "Two days ago a tip came in, Hao was spotted in Hachiogi buying what seemed to be drugs. We followed him on the security cams all the way into the next town over. He was then seen heading into the forest of Mt. Takao, which is closed during this time of year.

We looked at records of Mt. Takao and guess what we found." She turned in her seat and looked at us. "Three and a half years ago the Manami family illegally bought a small piece of property there and built, from what we assume, a cabin. Far away enough from the trails that no one, except for them and the ones they bought the property from, would know about. Luckily we were able to find the record and pinpoint where the property was."

"She has to be there then." Bokuto said and I agreed.

"That's what we believe, though," She looked at us seriously. "This case goes deeper than we could've ever imagined."

"What do you mean?"

"From what we could find, Hao's dad died five years ago and his mother just three years ago. But he was believed to be living in Aomori."

"On the opposite side of Japan." I added.

"After the death of his mother eight girls have gone missing in all towns around Tokyo, though we had people of interest, there was never a definite suspect. He knew how to cover his tracks. But after your sister went missing we found a common denominator in all of these cases."

My stomach dropped, "Which is?"

"They all went to Shinjuku Junior High."