Chapter 46

Where was I? It was bright. I could feel something on my face.

A mask?

I instantly panicked. What was he doing this time? What the hell was I breathing in? My hands shot up to claw at it and get it off. Until a pair of hands stopped me. I struggled to push them away.

"Y/N, calm down. You're okay." I heard a familiar voice. "You're safe. He's not here."

My vision started to clear and I saw my brother. I could feel my body start to relax and my breathing slow. Until the door burst open and my whole body shook and I started panicking again.

"Woah!" Another voice said. "Calm down! She's okay, she was just scared."

The grip on my wrists loosened but I quickly grabbed the hands to try and ground myself. As I started to come to, the knot in my chest went away and my breathing slowed. I looked up to see Tetsurou.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded and tried to relax. I looked over to the side and saw a nurse waving another doctor away and Kou sitting down beside me.

"I'm sorry about that." The nurse said, "Are you feeling okay?" She asked nicely.

I only nodded.

"Is it okay for me to take the ventilator out? You only needed to keep it on for a couple hours after surgery." I nodded and she took it out.

Once she did I coughed a bit to clear my throat. Soon after she left and Tetsurou was still holding one of my hands.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Tired. In pain." I said, my voice hoarse.

I felt warmth on my other hand and flinched away until I realized it was just Kou, "Sorry." I grabbed his hand and held it. "Reflex."

He softly smiled at me. "Don't worry about it."

I paused for a second, "He.. he's gone right? He's no.. not c.. coming back?"

"He can't hurt you anymore." Tetsu said and then laid his head on the bed and sighed. "You have no idea how much we missed you."

"I'm sorry for worrying you."

"That's not your fault. I'm just glad you're okay."

"I'm glad to be back."

Just then there was a knock on the door and Hikari walked in. When she saw me I could see tears rolling down her cheeks. 

"Y/N."

I tried to lift my hand to her but when I tried pain shot through my veins and I winced.

I tried laughing it off but it only came out as a weak chuckle. "Guess I won't be doing much of anything soon."

Even though I still felt out of it I was overwhelmed with relief. Few tears came out but they were there.