Chapter 49

If there is anything I've learned in the past few months it's that physical therapy is the worst.

After about a month is when I started to gain the most feeling back in my legs but all I can feel is the soreness in them.

"Looks like we're done for the day Ms. Kuroo. You can go home and rest."

"Thanks." They helped me get settled with the crutches

It had been about three months since I started physical therapy and though I was getting better it wasn't enough to walk on my own. Kou, Tetsu, and Hikari took turns picking me up from and today was Hikaris turn.

"Here comes the queen herself! Looking beautiful as always your majesty." She playfully bowed as she said it.

"You do not have to do that every time you pick me up." I laughed.

"I don't do it every time! Last time I said 'Actress Y/N Kuroo hits the runway in jeans and a stained t-shirt. Tell me, who is your inspiration for this outfit?' And you told me your inspiration was the dirty pile of clothes in your room."

"You got me there." She laughed as she helped me into the car.

On the way home she stopped by Starbucks and got us drinks. The four of us ended up moving into the apartment together with Tetsu and Hikari in one room and Kou and I in the other and an extra room. We decided to get an apartment together until we finish school at the very least. 

Hikari helped me with my crutches when we got home and I slowly made my way in. I hadn't had the crutches long so it was difficult but they felt it was time to me to get out of the wheelchair. As I made my way in I saw Kou as he ran to hug me. 

"I missed you."

"I was only gone a few hours."

"And?" 

I laughed and gave him a kiss, "I missed you too."

"Y/N get in here!" Tetsu yelled from the other room.

"You try being on crutches and see how it feels!" 

"Want me to carry you?" Kou laughed.

"Yes I'm exhausted." 

He picked me up in his arms and carried me to where Tetsurou and Hikari were. It still amazes me how he can carry me so effortlessly.

"Are you kidding me?"

"I don't wanna hear it. You did the same thing with Hikari when she broke her leg." 

"Whatever. Anyways we have a surprise for you." 

He sat me down on the bed as Tetsu left the roon.

"What is it?"

"Calm down. You'll see it in a second." Hikari sat behind me.

"Ready?" He asked from outside the door. 

"Just show me!" 

He came around the corner holding a small kitten in his hands. 

"We know how hard these last few months have been for you and how mom and dad never let us have a pet so we got you a kitten." He handed me the kitten as I sat there in awe. It was an orange and white tabby with blue eyes. "He's had all his shots and has been neutered." He looked at me. "We thought we'd let you name him."

I thought for a minute, "Apollo. He's the Greek god of the sun and light."

"I love that name." Kou said as he kissed the top of my head.

Tetsurou stood up. "We'll go get him a name tag and collar tomorrow."

Apollo curled up in my lap and slept. "Good."