Chapter 48

It's been a month.

A month since they found me.

A month since I found out mom and dad were killed.

A month of laying in this goddamn hospital bed.

I couldn't take it anymore. I was going insane doing nothing. I had lost all feeling in my legs. The doctors said I'm temporarily paralyzed from the waist down. Which means physical therapy.

"You okay?" Kou snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." 

"No you're not. What's wrong?"

"I said I'm fine Kou." I snapped at him. 

He was taken aback a bit. I could care less right now. I was so tired of being in this bed. The only thing I'm ever talking about anymore is what he did to me and I was sick of it. 

Not long after Tetsu walked in the room with bags of food in his hands. Just a few days ago I was taken off of the feeding tube but I can barely eat without getting sick.

"I don't think they're even looking for you."

A chill ran through my body. His words still come back to haunt me. Constantly. Never leaving. 

The place I found for us is waiting to be approved. Once it is Tetsu and some other people are gonna be helping to move all our things over to the new place. It wasn't the nicest but anywhere was better than that house. Tetsurou and I could only save so much before they got suspicious. 

For example, when I was 14 I had saved close to $2,000 from what they've given us after 2 years. Though one day Dad went snooping around my room and found it. He took it from and about a month later found what Tetsurou had been saving. It took a year and a half until I was able to find a good hiding space and start saving again.

It was a two bedroom apartment with a decently sized kitchen. Well, there was a small sunroom you could make into a tiny bedroom if you really wanted to. After taking bills, food, and rent into account this is the best we could get. Also paired with the fact that I wouldn't be able to get a job until I can walk again. It'll be hard, but we'll get through it.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier." I said suddenly.

Kou's voice was low. "It's okay."

"Hey, come here." I gestured to him and he sat on edge of the bed. Tetsu had left to go to the vending machine. "Look at me." I rested my hand on his cheek and turned his head towards me. "I shouldn't have done that. I'm just tired of being in this bed, but I was wrong to take it out on you. I'm sorry."

I saw his eyes tear a little and I opened my arms as he laid on my chest. As he laid on me I wrapped my arms around him and kissed the top of his head.

As time went on after we started dating I realized he was sensitive to yelling and changes in tone. I try to keep that in mind whenever I'm upset.

Tetsurou walked back in.

"Gross."