Chapter Twenty-Eight

The fact that he is ignoring you completely as a punishment is what is causing you discomfort.

Your father hasn't spoken to you in days, he literally shows no interest in your activities.

He doesn't even ask the maids about you and stays after midnight at his company.

No matter how much you sometimes dislike Elliot, still, he is your father and those actions are hurting your emotions.

You are used to Elliot's attention, so when it gets stripped away from you, you start feeling depressed.

And what officially broke your heart, that you told him that you are going to spend the day with your mother.

He just walked past you and out of the mansion.

"So, you are telling me that you are sad because he is ignoring you, isn't this what you wanted all along? For him to leave you alone"

You and Xavier became good friends, he tells you about his problems and you tell him about yours.

Even if you two are living far away from each other, but face chatting makes up for it.

"Yes...but no, it doesn't feel good" you explain.

"Sounds like you have formed Stockholm syndrome, dear" the dark-haired boy teases.

"I have not!" You deny.

"Yes, you have, you do realize that you are forming positive feelings towards your abuser, you miss your father's attention"

You stay silent thinking about his words,  everything he is saying is true.

"He is my dad, not my abuser" Xavier chuckles at your defensive attitude.

"Locking you up, and refusing that you have friends or a connection with anyone is considered abuse, (Y/n)" you sigh.

"Maybe when you spend time with your mother, it would make you realize how your father is toxic" you smile slightly.

"Maybe, I will try my best, Xavi" Xavier smiles back at you.

"I wish you good the best of luck, (your nickname)"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

"What do you mean she is dead?"

You stare at the police officer with a dumbfounded look on your face.

"Your mother has committed suicide in her room, she has hung herself," the elder man says with sympathy in his eyes.

Elliot stands behind you with an emotionless look on his face.

"How sad, is there anything I can do to help?" The CEO asks, acting concerned.

"All you could do right now is comfort your daughter"

You leave your father with the police officers and go into the living room.

Sitting on the couch and place your hands on your head.

You connect everything together now.

Your adoptive parents committing suicide.

Most of your friends dying in the Academy shooting.

Elliot admitting to actually killing someone.

Your mother also committing suicide.

Elliot is behind all of this...your father is killing anyone who he deems closer to you.

Once you hear the from door closing, you freeze.

Hearing his footsteps as he heads towards the living room made you take a deep breath and stand up.

You face your father once he steps into the room.

"You killed them, my adoptive parents, my friends, my mother, you are the culprit"

For the first time in days, Elliot grins at you.

"Indeed I did, however, I didn't kill your adoptive parents, I will give the credit to my father" you frown.

"Why?" you demand with tears already forming.

"Because that's true parenting love, you kill for your child to keep them protected"