Yippie Kayak Part 1

Amy sat at her desk watching the elevator, checking her watch every so often. Jake was walking back to his desk when she said "Ooh! Come here. Come here, come here, come here. You got to see this."

Jake sat down.

"I'm about to give Captain Holt his gift" said Amy.

"Oh, did he lift his 'no gift' policy?" asked Jake.

"No, he didn't. But I figured out a way to buy him something and trick him into accepting it" said Amy.

"You're bad" said Jake.

"I know, right? Oh, wait. You're making fun of me" said Amy.

"Mm-hmm" said Jake.

"Well, I don't care. He would never open a gift, right? But what if his gift didn't look like a gift?" Amy asked.

"He would open it?" Jake asked.

"Exactly!" Amy said. "I left it in a cardboard box on his desk. There's no card, just the words 'Open now,' which I wrote with my wrong hand so he wouldn't recognize my handwriting" Amy said.

Holt walked over to his office.

"Captain" said Amy.

"Santiago. Peralta" said Holt.

"Sir" said Jake. "So, just to recap, you left an unmarked package on a police captain's desk on a random Monday, with a suspicious message written on it which looked like it was scrawled by a crazy person."

"Mm-hmm" said Amy.

Holt came out of his office. "Bomb! There's a bomb! Everyone out! Let's go, let's go!"

An alarm began as everyone ran out of the bullpen.

"This is not a drill! Let's go!" said Holt.

Jake turned around to look at Amy. "Great gift."

Charles walked into the bullpen

Charles walked into the bullpen. "Ho, ho, ho, Jake. Special delivery from Santa's elf. Merry Christmas!"

Charles handed Jake the bag.

Jake gasped as he took a bottle out of the bag.

"Heart Attack soda" said Charles.

"Holy crap! I love this stuff!" said Jake. "You know, technically, it's just carbonated fudge."

"I know" said Charles.

"I thought they banned it" said Jake.

"Not in Syria. They use it to induce labor in goats. And your real present arrives tomorrow" Charles said.

"There's more? Charles, this is too much" Jake said.

"Nonsense! It was just a lot of time and a lot of money" Charles said.

"Oh!" said Jake as Charles walked away.

Y/n and Gina walked past.

"Gina! Y/n!" said Jake. "I screwed up. I forgot to get Charles anything."

"Oh, well, I always knew he would die of sadness" said Gina.

"I'm such a selfish jerk. I was so focused on y/n's gift that I completely spaced. His present to me was so personal. All right, think. What does Charles love?" asked Jake.

"Weird food, tan pants, 'MasterChef Junior" you said.

"Ooh, I could call up one of those kids and offer them a free trip to New York" Jake said.

"I wouldn't do that" Gina said.

"Right, because I'm a stranger and I shouldn't be luring them out of state. Good call" Jake said.

"Just go to Goodwin's. They're always open late and have everything" you said.

"Right. Smart. Please come with me. Please, I need help picking something out. Please, Gina? I'll take a pic of Terry in the locker room for you" said Jake.

"No towel, with his foot up on the bench" said Gina.

"Towel on, still wet from the shower" said Jake.

"I'm in" said Gina.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" asked Terry.

"Nothing" you all said together.

Jake and Gina did a tiny handshake.

--------------------------

Holt walked into the break room where y/n, Amy and Rosa were drinking coffee.

"Diaz, l/n, are we still on for the Polar Bear Swim tonight?" asked Holt.

"It's either that or go caroling with my family, so, yeah. I'd rather walk into the freezing ocean" said Rosa.

"And I have no plans at all, so, I'm going" you said.

"Wait, what? You guys are doing the polar swim? Why didn't you ask me?" asked Amy.

"Oh, we didn't think you'd be interested" Holt said.

"Yeah, you're always cold. You brought a blanket to a Mets game in mid-July" you said.

Amy scoffed. "This one thinks July 18th is mid-July."

There was silence.

"You guys think I'm some kind of wimp, but I'm not. I'm tough, and I'm strong, and I love to splash around in chilly water" said Amy.

"It's not chilly, it's as cold as the waters of Cocytus, the frozen lake of hell" said Holt.

"I'll see you there. I can't wait to dunk my junk" said Amy.

Holt groaned and left the room, and Rosa shook her head.