Cheddar Part 1

Jake walked into the bullpen. "Attention, everyone. Say goodbye to the Jake Peralta you know and love, for today is the day I forever change."

"Are you finally growing a mustache?" asked y/n.

"No, you know I can't do that, and it's cruel of you to keep bringing it up" said Jake.

Y/n smiled slightly.

"This envelope contains the inheritance my uncle left me. He died a year ago; he was so rich, he had a whole room in his house just to eat in" said Jake, holding up an large envelope.

"You mean like a dining room?" asked Gina.

"Yeah, but in Manhattan" said Jake.

"Oh, dang" said Gina.

"Now, just because I'm definitely rich now doesn't mean I'm gonna forget my roots. You all get something, so fire away" said Jake.

"Jake, your friendship is gift enough for me" said Charles.

"Friendship is crap. I want a Ducati Monster 821" Rosa said.

"All right, Rosa gets a motorcycle" said Jake, pointing the envelope at Rosa.

"Oh, cool. I want a fast sports car" said Amy, smiling.

"Come on. You can be honest" said Jake.

"I want old, expensive books" said Amy. "I'll send you a list."

"There you go" said Jake. "Y/n?"

"Uhh, I'll have something/that/you/really/want" said y/n.

"All right, y/n can have s/t/y/r/w" said Jake. "Now, let's find out what I'm worth. Oh, I'm too nervous to open it. Sarge, you do it."

"Ok" said Terry. He opened the envelope. "It's stock. One million shares."

"Oh, my God!" said Jake.

"Of Blockbuster Video stock" continued Terry.

"Ohhh" said everyone.

"What? Is that bad? I still have a Blockbuster card!" said Jake as everyone began to do their work again. "What happened to Blockbuster?"

 Jake was sat at his desk doing some work when Charles began to examine his face closely

"Mapping, mapping, mapping, mapping" said Charles.

"What's going on there, buddy?" asked Jake.

"Just making a final imprint of your face before the LASIK surgery goes poorly and my eyeballs get burned off" said Charles.

"Why stop at the eyes? Burn off your whole head" suggested Gina from her desk a few metres away.

"Charles, the surgery is going to go fine, all right? You're gonna have some vision impairment for a few hours and me and y/n are gonna be with you the whole time!" said Jake. "Plus, they're gonna give you some of those sweet Robocop sunglasses."

"Those are blind people sunglasses" said Charles, walking away from Jake's desk.

Holt walked into the bullpen.

"Captain. What are you doing here?" asked Jake, standing up. "Thought you took the day off to pack for your big trip, or did you finally realize that it only takes one minute to pack?"

"Not if you care about your possessions and what the world sees when they look at you" said Holt.

"Huh" said Jake.

"I'm not going" said Holt. "Cheddar's regular dog sitter is ill, and the heat's out in my house, so I don't think it's a good time for me to visit Kevin in Paris."

"Sir, you can't just cancel your trip" said Jake as Holt walked towards his office. "You guys haven't seen each other in months. How about this: Y/n and I will look after your house while you're gone. Right, y/n/n?"

"Uh, totally" said y/n.

"I thought you two were watching Ray Charles Boyle" said Gina, briefly looking up from her phone.

"Good point. Charles can come with us and look after Cheddar" said Jake. "I'm told that blind people have a special connection with dogs."

"I knew it. You do think I'm gonna go blind" said Charles, sitting down at his desk.

"Charles, again, you are not gonna go blind" said y/n.

"That's an interesting offer, but I don't want to be an imposition" Holt said.

"Pshaw! Imposition? Pshaw!" said Jake.

"No, I was talking to l/n. I assume she'll be doing all the work" said Holt.

Y/n smiled.

"Why?" asked Jake. "Oh, because of our track records and personalities. Sure, sure, sure, sure, yeah."

"So, l/n, are you sure you're okay with this?" asked Holt.

"I'm sure" said y/n, smiling at the captain.

--------------------

"This is horrible! We're not ready for this" said y/n. "This is level one importance thing and you're not even a level sometimes. This is one of those times!"

"I mean, I'm sure I'm like, a level five" said Jake.

Y/n glared at him. "Not a level."

"I thought you'd be psyched. You love dogs! Especially Cheddar!" said Jake.

"Why did you volunteer us for this?" asked y/n.

"Because Holt hasn't seen Kevin in months and I was thinking if that was me and you, it would make me really sad" said Jake.

"Oh. That's actually super sweet" said y/n.

"Plus there is this big fat binder full of instructions and rules and we need to read it" said Jake, picking up a blue binder off the floor.

"Can't we just ask Amy to do that bit? She'd love it and I can't be bothered to read it" said y/n.

It's been a while since I last updated, but my exams are over so I should be able to update more.