Flashback

Lucy collapsed onto her bed and screamed into her pillow. Today was just the longest day ever, and it's only the 2nd week of the semester! Even so, she knew it was more than just the classes that have been bothering her lately, but she didn't want to admit it to herself. 

The start of any school year can be exhausting, so it didn't help that she had a terrible hangover on the last day of summer. And the fact that she woke up beside a random man only made things worse. 

When she woke up at 3am that day, she had to hurry and get dressed so she could rush to the bathroom of whatever house she was in and spill her guts, and then she had to run and try to find her roommate so they could go home.

But unfortunately, Cana was in even worse shape than her, and she didn't even gain consciousness until the Uber Lucy called for them showed up. They both passed out in their beds the second they got home, and besides Cana briefly mentioning how she partied too hard that night, neither of them really spoke about the party since then.

Lucy had hope that things could stay that way, and that they'd never have to think about that crazy party again, but then… she missed her period. 

It wasn't like it's never come late for her before, but deep down she knew it wasn't something to just ignore. The morning after the party, she woke up almost completely naked in someone's bed, and it was completely obvious that they'd done something they shouldn't have. 

Lucy never wanted to think about whatever could've happened while she was drunk, but missing her period gave her a huge reality check.

"It's been 8 days…" She mumbled to herself as she stared at the period tracker on her phone, "...Crap." She curled into herself on her bed and tried to keep herself from freaking out. There was a chance that this was nothing more than a late cycle, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she needed to be worried. 

I doubt any protection was used… We were way too drunk…

Without even realizing it, Lucy's face instantly became covered with tears. She sobbed into her hands, and it felt like every time she tried to pull herself together, the feeling grew worse. 

I can't be pregnant… I just can't!

She wasn't sure what to do in this situation, so she did what she's always done since she moved into this apartment- She went to Cana. 

Cana has a lot more experience with living away from her family and being on her own, she always had a better idea of how to get out of tough situations. As of right now, she's been Lucy's guide throughout all of this, and she needs her help now more than ever before. 

"C-Cana?" Lucy knocked on her roommate's door, but there was no answer, "Cana… I need help…" She knew that Cana never locked her door, and Lucy was way too desperate for guidance right now, so she didn't feel bad at all about barging into the room. "Cana!"

"What?" The brunette must've been in a very deep sleep, she was still laying down and her eyes were half closed as she spoke, "Ugh, what time is it..?"

"Nevermind that, I need your help!"

"...Help?"

"Yes, I'm freaking out right now…" 

"Holy shit, it's 8am? When have I ever been up this early on a Saturday?"

"I think I might be pregnant."

Cana's grumbling abruptly stopped, and the grogginess in her eyes disappeared. She gaped at Lucy, took in the blonde's distraught expression, and shook her head, "...What?"