Have Fun

Lucy let her head fall onto the couch as her back arched, giving Natsu the perfect angle to run his tongue down her neck and bite down right beside her pulse.

The wanton laugh she let out made Natsu feel lightheaded, his thoughts consumed by the desire to hear her make that sound again.

"Natsu~" His name sounded so sweet on her lips, "Kiss me."

She'd never have to ask him twice, the eagerness with which he moved his tongue from her neck to her mouth had Lucy giggling into their kiss. Nothing else mattered to them in that moment but the warmth they brought one another, and the blissful sensation of being in each other's arms.

That is, until the blaring sound of Natsu's phone notification going off made Lucy jolt in her spot and snap her eyes open.

He was still kissing her as if didn't notice his phone at all, which was fine, until Lucy started to get back into the moment just for his phone to go off several times again.

After hearing it for what had to have been the 10th time, Lucy broke away from the kiss and grumbled breathlessly, "Are you gonna see who that is?"

"What?" Natsu's eyes were completely glossed over, "What are you..?"

"Your phone, silly," Lucy had to laugh at how dazed he was, "Don't you hear it?"

"My phone..?" He dismounted her and sat on the couch to grab his device from his pocket and confirm that he indeed had accumulated over a dozen texts. "Oh, it's just Gray."

Cupping his girlfriend's cheek, Natsu was ready to get back to it, pecking the corners of her mouth. But his notifications went off again, and Lucy had to gently guide him back, "It seems important..."

"Ugh," Indignantly, he looked back at his phone and actually read the messages. "Oh... He's talking about some party..."

"A party? When?"

"It's supposed to start later today... at his place."

Natsu looked to be deep in thought as he read over all the messages, and Lucy could make out a hint of sadness in his eyes.

She placed her hand on his thigh and stroked her thumb against him. "Hey-"

"I don't know why he's blowing my phone up to tell me about it, he knows I wouldn't have time to go."

"What? Why's that? You aren't working today, and you have the afternoon shift tomorrow..."

He looked at her incredulously, "Luce, a party would be loud and obnoxious and filled with drunk people, you'd be too irritated to go with me. And if you're here, I wouldn't want to leave you by yourself- what if you need something? Your back's been hurting lately and I gotta make dinner, and there's some work we planned to do in the nursery-"

"Hey," Lucy was giggling again, though he was still hesitant to take that as a good sign, "It's okay to take a break sometimes, y'know. Go have fun, I'm not completely incapable. I might just call up some of my friends and have some fun, too."

The way Natsu stayed quiet, searching her eyes for any bit of doubt, made Lucy stand up, "I'm serious, we'll have our hands full once the baby is here, why not enjoy the free time we have now? I know you used to really like parties before we met."

He nodded his head, silently debating the idea until he stood up as well. "Alright... If you're sure."

"Yes, I am. Surely not everyone will be at the party, I'll start sending texts now."

Natsu still looked uneasy, but he knew Lucy was right. One party wouldn't hurt.

-