Support Needed

The tension in the kitchen continued to grow as Mirajane stared Natsu and Lucy down. Her face held a mix of shock and disappointment, and it didn't help that she decided to bring Erza along with her. 

"So, you two were irresponsible," Erza started, yet she only directed her glare towards Natsu, "And now you'll have a baby."

"I-"

"And you Natsu," She interrupted him before he could even say anything, "Are you aware that Lucy was drunk-"

"We were both drunk," Natsu grumbled, "You know I wouldn't have done this if I was sober."

"Yes, well, regardless of how it happened, it's time for you two to deal with the consequences," Mira sighed, but she held a friendly smile before giving Lucy a pat on the head, "We'll be here to help you throughout all of this, okay?"

The blonde nodded, her face a little flushed from embarrassment, "Thanks…"

"I'm still confused on how all of you guys know Lucy like this…" Natsu looked around the room, first Gray and Juvia somehow knew, and now both Erza and Mira. It just seemed too coincidental.

"Lucy has been a close friend of Levy's, you never really hung out with Levy like we did, so it makes sense that you've never really met Lucy. You two had classes in high school together, though."

"And I thought I told you to listen carefully in health class back then, Natsu," Erza was back with that angry glare, "You should know how easy it is to get pregnant-"

"I was drunk, Erza."

"That too- You should know better than to indulge in alcohol like that. This could've been easily avoided had one of you been more sober."

"Hold on, you were drunk as hell that night, too, right?"

"Uh-"

"Anyways," Mira gave Erza a subtle pat on the back to get her to relax, "It's in the past now, I'm sure you too are too stressed to be in the mood for a lecture on what you could've and should've done that night."

Both Natsu and Lucy nodded, so she continued, "I'll have you guys talk with Elfman and Evergreen. They're about a year older than you, but they're going through an unplanned pregnancy right now, too. I'm sure they can give you some advice. And Natsu… I'll have Makarov give you a raise at work, okay? I know you'll need the extra money."

"Wait, do you work at the Fairy Tail café with Mira, Natsu?" Lucy mumbled, shyly running her hands through her hair.

Natsu wasn't sure why she always seems so nervous, but he didn't dwell on it, "Yeah, been working there since I was 17, actually."

"Really? But I've been eating there since high school… How come I've never seen you?"

"Oh, I'm one of the chefs, so I don't really go out to the tables."

"...You're a chef?"

"Ah, Natsu is an amazing cook," Mira grinned, and threw a wink at the man in question, "Why don't you show her a little something?"

"But I don't feel like-" Natsu stopped himself when he saw the look in Mira's eyes, and reluctantly stood up, "Alright, fine."

As he began to put something together, Mira took the seat beside Lucy, and Erza sat across from her. The girls lowered their voices into a whisper, and Erza was the first to tell Lucy, "If you want, I wouldn't mind teaching him a lesson for you."

Lucy blushed, and shook her head, "No, no it's okay. I take responsibility for what's happened too, I'm not angry with him anymore than I'm angry with myself."