Announcements pt.1

"Is it just Juvia, or has your hair gotten thicker since you've been pregnant?" The blunette mused as she ran a brush through Lucy's hair, "This used to be easier..."

"Hey, it beats my hair getting brittle and breaking off instead," Lucy giggled, "But I'll make it up to you, don't worry."

"Oh, no need, Juvia loves styling your hair, " She smiled as she set the brush aside to instead run her fingers through her locks, "It's gotten so long... So many possibilities..."

"Go crazy, I'm your canvas right now," Lucy giggled, it was so endearing how much fun Juvia could have with her hair.

Just as she felt her start off a braid on the crown of her head, the front door slammed opened, both women gasping from the sudden intrusion.

"I told you you'd fall if you tried to bring them all in at once, you fucking idiot."

"You tripped me, jackass! And I did get them all in, anyway."

"Boys," Juvia glared at Natsu and Gray as they came in, their hands full of grocery bags, "You nearly scared us half to death!"

"Sorry," Gray gave her a sly smile and a quick kiss on the cheek, "We didn't mean to scare you guys, Natsu's just a dumbass."

Juvia was already forgiving him as Natsu threw a loaf of bread at his head, ready to give him an earful until he spotted Lucy in the corner of his eye.

She'd been sitting on the floor against the couch, positioned in front of Juvia's legs. With her arms outstretched to him, Lucy beckoned him towards her with the cutest pout on her face that had Natsu melting.

"Hey, honeybee~" He kneeled down to her level and scooped her up in his arms, "You get cuter every time I see ya'."

"Shhh~ Less talking, more hugs~"

"Yes ma'am."

They cuddled right there on the floor, paying no mind to the way Gray and Juvia stared at them.

"Uh... you guys okay?"

Natsu glared at Gray for the way he interrupted their moment, "Wouldn't you like to know, fuckface?"

"...You little-"

"Guys," Lucy laughed, stopping them from starting another argument, "What's all the groceries for?"

"Oh! I figured I'd make food for everyone, I kinda miss this ole' kitchen. Even though it's tiny as hell..."

"Aw, that's so sweet of you to do that!" Juvia cheered, "We're always so hungry after these study sessions."

"Really? I've never been to one of these study groups, how do they usually work?" Lucy leaned back to look up at Juvia, who seemed to be previously distracted with the way Gray was putting groceries away.

"Oh, well we start off by getting homework help and tutoring for however long we can stay focused, and then we tend to trail off onto other topics as the day goes on. These groups are one of the few occasions when everyone is together, so we like to take advantage of that."

"Oh yeah? Well it'll be so nice to see everyone, thanks for letting Natsu and I join, I needed this."

"Of course, you two are always welcome. With your good grades, perhaps you could help tutor a few of us on certain subjects sometime, Lucy."

"Yeah, unlike Natsu who's useless aside from cooking," Gray quipped, mainly just trying to rile his friend up, "Maybe we'll make you clean up afterwards, give you something to do."

Natsu was ready to cuss him out, but Lucy wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered the word "behave" into his ear to distract him.

It worked like a charm, Natsu was just putty in her hands, and the sight of her calming him down so easily was so unnerving for Gray and Juvia, they shared confused stares once more before the latter started,