Friends

"Are you on your way to work?" Lucy asked when she saw Cana grab her keys and bag, accidentally startling her. She'd been in the kitchen all morning trying to think of something to eat that wouldn't make her feel sick, so it was likely Cana didn't even know she was here. 

"You scared the shit out of me," The brunette shook her head after catching her breath, "But nah, I'm going to my dad's."

"Oh, okay..."

"...Was there something you wanted?" 

"Oh, no. I'm just off work today and I wanted to hang out. But you can go ahead, I'll be fine."

"Ah... hm," Cana grinned when she thought of something, and checked the time on her phone, "Actually... Why don't you go ahead and call Natsu? He got off work an hour ago, I'm sure he'd love to hang out."

"Natsu? No, I'm fine."

"What? Do you hate him or something?"

"No, nothing like that... Things are just pretty awkward between us."

"It's only awkward 'cause you make it awkward," Cana chuckled, and laughed harder when she saw Lucy's angry pout.

"No! It's odd being around the guy that got me pregnant, especially since I don't even remember what exactly we did that night. Plus, he thinks I'm super weird already." 

"Huh? Natsu doesn't think you're weird..."

"He literally says it all the time..."

"Girl," Cana just couldn't stop laughing, "No he doesn't, he just says that 'cause it makes you mad. He's a bit of an airhead, I don't know why he likes messing with people so much."

"Well whatever, I feel like I'm annoying to him and he's only being nice because I'm having his baby."

"Natsu's actually super nice, he just doesn't think before he acts most of the time. You two need to find out what you have in common so you can do this whole co-parent thing easier."

"I know, but..." 

Lucy twiddled her thumbs, her actions making Cana smack her lips and hold her hand out, "Alright, give me your phone."

"Wha-"

"You have his number, right? I'm gonna text him and invite him over."

"I..." After thinking about it for a few seconds, Lucy sighed, took out her phone, unlocked it and handed it to her.

Cana nosily went through her messages, and then got to Natsu's, only to be disappointed. They only had 2 texts, reading "Hey," and "Hi," Which were likely just for them to confirm they saved each other's numbers properly. 

"You two need to step your game up," Cana shook her head, and sent the most raunchy message she could think of;

"Wanna come over and see how many inches of you I can take?"

Lucy peered over her shoulder to see what she was typing, and was completely and utterly mortified once she read the message, "Oh. My. Gosh-"

Her outcry was interrupted by Cana's laughter, but it didn't last long since Natsu quickly responded;

"Sure."

Now Lucy's face was a vibrant red, and she shrieked, "What does he mean 'sure'!?"

"Oh shit! I think Natsu's tryna experience you again-"

They paused when he sent another message; "I know this is Cana, btw."