Fun (NSFW)

Cana stared at her phone as she sat at the dining room table in silence. She was waiting for an update from Lucy, the blonde said she might be home around this time, but it seemed like that might not be the case. She did say they'd be visiting her parents last, so it wasn't so hard to imagine them getting thrown off schedule from all of what the Heartfilia's were surely throwing at them.

She'd just have to call her tomorrow, because there was something she'd been waiting all morning to do, anyway.

"I'm heading out," Cana announced as she passed by the living room, pulling her arms through the sleeves of her coat.

Gildarts had been sitting on the couch, staring at the TV when he heard her. He studied her carefully, from the way she was carrying herself and the few seconds she spared to glance at her phone.

"Where to?"

Her father didn't usually question her, but after what had been said between them earlier today, Cana knew she should've expected this. "The Fairy Tail Café."

"Oh. There's plenty of food leftover, if you're still hungry."

Cana's breath hitched, but she thought fast, "I want something specific that's at the restaurant."

"Really? What?"

Her mind blanked for a second as she tried to remember every item on the Café's menu, until she blurted out, "A mousse."

"Ah, the mousse there is always good, yeah. But Natsu isn't working today, doesn't he usually make them?"

"Well, Mira makes them too."

"Oh yeah? I know she makes a nice cheesecake, but I didn't know she could pull off a mousse. Could you get me some? I'll pay you back, I'm just curious about how different her's will taste compared to Natsu's."

Cana gave him a slow nod, wanting to get out and end this conversation as soon as she could. She cursed just how well her father knew the restaurant despite how little time he's had to visit- they usually didn't serve mousse on the days Natsu was out, instead showcasing the cheesecakes. But it wasn't like they wouldn't make one upon a customer's request, especially when that customer was one of their friends. Yep, there was absolutely no reason for him to be suspicious about anything at all.

"Oh, and tell Elfman and Lisanna I said hi."

"Sure..."

"Or, if they're not working today, ask Mirajane to relay the message for me. I wonder how those kids are doing."

She narrowed her eyes, catching how he didn't mention any greetings he wished to bid Mira. He may have a few reservations, but he wasn't typically rude, and it was just an odd thing for him to skip out on. Maybe she was overthinking, maybe it was honest forgetfulness on his part. It wasn't like he had any reason to be suspicious.

"That reminds me," Gildarts got more comfortable on the couch, as if he had all the time in the world to carry on this conversation, "The last time I was there, I saw Elfman with his girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I remember her mentioning being pregnant. I didn't give Natsu and Lucy everything, so let him know he can talk to me if he needs help."

"Will do."

"You know what, why don't I just come with you? Saves you the headache of having to remember everything I-"

"But-" Cana started, realizing too late that she'd fallen into his trap.

"Hm?"

"I... You don't have to come, you hardly get to just stay home and relax. I'll remember everything, don't worry." She held her breath for what felt like an eternity as he seemed to mull it over.