Hormones

//Slight NSFW//

Natsu hummed as he unlocked the door, balancing several bags of groceries in his arms. When he entered the condo, the sound of music playing from down the hall immediately caught his attention. 

He followed the sound to one of the rooms on the 2nd floor of their flat, right between an office room and the laundry room. The door was glass and see-through, exposing the entirety of their little gym room and anyone inside. 

And boy was there a sight to see. 

Lucy was doing some type of stretch as she sung to the music she had blasting from her phone. Her short shorts barely covered more than most underwear would, and her sports bra didn't leave much to the imagination either. 

Natsu had to remind himself to breathe, dropping the bags in his hand on the floor beside him. He couldn't look away from her, watching her shorts get impossibly shorter the more she bent down to touch her toes. She was surprisingly flexible, swiftly switching positions as she jammed out to the music. 

Lucy did a little dance in between stretches- shaking and bobbing to the rhythm- and it wasn't until she did a little spin did she finally see Natsu, immediately shrieking at the sight of him.

Her outcry startled him as well, he hadn't expected her to scream, and he felt incredibly guilty for scaring her like that. "Lucy! Are you alright?" He panicked as he rushed into the room, she'd lost her balance a bit during her shock and fell over onto her butt, a huge blush taking over her face. 

"I'm… fine," She mumbled, grabbing onto his outstretched hand to help her stand up, "Um… How long have you been standing there?"

"For just a minute, honest! I literally just came home with the groceries just now…" Now Natsu felt like a creepy pervert, and he hung his head in shame, "I'm sorry for staring, you were just being so cute…"

Lucy sighed, and exposed a small smile to him. She knew exactly what she was doing, as soon as Natsu said he would be going out, she changed into her smallest, most revealing workout clothes and rushed down here. She was officially done with guessing his feelings for her, and right now, this test should finally confirm or deny her suspicions. 

"Hey, no worries. I was just being silly, but since you're down here… do you wanna join me?"

"...Join you?"

"Yeah, I just couldn't help but think of how lucky we are to have a personal gym in our home. I used to work out regularly, mom and dad really did their homework when they picked this place out for us! While I still have the energy to move, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and stay in shape. What about you?"

"Me? Uh…" Natsu had a hard time focusing. Lucy just invited him to work out with her, he almost couldn't believe it. He's worked out with friends all the time, but this just felt different. He was still trying to get used to her casual friendliness as they're getting closer and closer, but God did she look amazing in those shorts.

No, Lucy is a person, stop looking at her body… The guilt returned. Natsu knew better than to think like this, a woman should be able to wear whatever she wants and he should be able to control himself. "Yeah… I love working out, too. I'm down to join ya."

Lucy chirped out a little giggle as she focused back on her music. She was through with stretching and went over to their small display of dumbbells, picking up 2 of the 10 pound ones. Natsu followed up behind her, picking up a heavier, 50 pound pair. 

"Woah, you can curl 50 pounds?" Lucy marveled, earning a bashful chuckle. 

"Well, yeah. I could do more, honestly."