Godmother

"...Aquarius?" Lucy bursted into tears, unable to contain herself any longer as she pulled the woman into a hug, "Oh my gosh!"

Aquarius said nothing as she gave her a few awkward pats on the back, and she motioned for them to come inside, "Just get out of this cold before you get sick."

Natsu was pretty curious as to who this person was to Lucy, and why seeing her had brought her to tears. Also, he was a bit shaken up by the woman's resting-bitch-face, but he tried not to stare.

"Why didn't you tell me you were here?" Lucy sniffled as she wiped the wetness away from her eyes.

"Layla wanted it to be a surprise. I didn't realize you were coming over today, though."

"Oh... How long have you been in town? Have you been staying here?"

"Yes, I flew in a couple days ago. Layla told me there was an important... family matter."

Lucy had almost forgotten about her current circumstance, and how very clearly she was showing now. She glanced down at her belly and back up to Aquarius' stern eyes, and let out an awkward laugh, "...I see."

"Lucy."

"Yes?"

"Are you pregnant?"

"...Yes."

Aquarius ran her hand down her face and groaned as Lucy hugged herself tightly, and she looked behind the blonde at Natsu's confused face. "Are you her boyfriend?"

He blinked a few times before nodding his head, "Yes-"

"How long have you known each other?"

"Uh..."

"Since high school," Lucy butted in, her answer not drawing any suspicion from Aquarius.

"Hm... I don't know why you Heartfilia's insist on getting pregnant before your 20's. No wonder Layla wanted me to come here."

"Well this wasn't planned... But it'll be okay, my boyfriend and I got it figured out-"

"Uh, no we don't," Natsu blurted out, which earned him a quick glare from Lucy before she continued.

"We're gonna be fine. You don't have to worry about me-"

"Don't tell me not to worry," Aquarius sighed, "I'm already here, I'll just stay so I can help you."

"Woah, you'll move back to Magnolia? I couldn't ask you to do that..."

"Then it's a good thing you're not asking. I've made up my mind."

"Are you sure? This is just so sudden-"

"Lucy?" From the doorway of the next room over, Layla poked her head in and scanned the scene in the entrance room. Despite the awkward atmosphere, she smiled, "Lucy! I have been waiting for you to come over all day!"

"Hi, mom," She accepted the hug her mother offered, "It's good to see you."

"Surely not as good as it must be to see Aquarius~" Layla giggled, pulling the grumpy blunette close, "Y'know, from the moment she got off the plane, she just kept asking about you."

"Because you told me she wouldn't be at this estate. I thought she was dead or something."

"She was so worried about you, sweetheart. Isn't that adorable?"

"Why wouldn't I be? The last time I heard from her was months ago, and no one told me you let her move out."

"Details, details..." When she felt satisfied with the amount of teasing she'd done, Layla turned to Natsu, noticing how unsure he looked, "Oh wait, have you introduced yourself to Lucy's boyfriend, Aquarius?"