iv.

chapter four.

"Matty, I'm bored." Katherine groaned from her spot.

Matthias looked over at her and smiled, "Sorry Kitty Kat."

She was about to speak when they heard the sound of footsteps approaching, sharing a look they both walked over to the entrance and Matthias smiled at the sight of Damon. He had a bag in his hand, no doubt full of things for Matthias.

"Hey Matty boy." Damon greeted.

Matthias leaned against the wall closer to the entrance while Katherine lingered behind. "Damon, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well, I brought you some things and thought you would want to know that I am keeping Elena safe." Damon told him and Matthias frowned softly. "Oh, don't look so confused. She cares about you, likes you even, so I'm telling you that she's safe locked in her house."

"Meaning, Bonnie spelled her in." Matthias noted with a laugh. "I bet she loved that."

"You know me so well." Damon laughed before holding up his bag. "Candles, lanterns.." He dropped the bag inside the tomb. "And lunch." He pulled out the bottle of blood and Matthias took it with ease.

Damon looked a bit apprehensive at the sight of Katherine eyeing the blood, making Matthias chuckle. "Don't worry, I'm older and stronger than the both of you." Damon nodded, knowing that it was true.

Playing the part, Katherine spoke up. "You know, you two are surprisingly calm considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." Katherine told them. "Oh, and don't even get me started on his twin brother."

"Wait, hold up." Damon said. "There's two of them?"

Katherine feigned innocence. "Didn't I mention that?"

"Well, I've been dead before." Damon told her. "I got over it." He then looked back to Matthias. "Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out." Damon promised.

Matthias smiled at him and nodded, "You do what you have to do." Damon nodded and left.

Once he was gone, Matthias unscrewed the cap of the bottle of blood and downed half the bottle before giving the rest to Katherine who downed it with ease. She sighed in relief and the two walked back into the tomb, setting up the lanterns and candles to pass the time.

"This reminds me of that time when you pissed off Klaus and he locked us both up in the apartment as punishment." Matthias told her, making Katherine grin. "Oh, how much fun he had teasing us for that week."

"It was a joke!" Katherine laughed. "I didn't think that filling his favorite cereal with dog treats would piss him off."

Matthias let out a loud laugh, the memory being one of his favorites with the two of them. Klaus was so angry with Katherine and because Matthias laughed instead of scolding his best friend, he had his favorite witch spell them into the apartment.

"I still can't believe that Greta locked us in like that." Katherine laughed while shaking her head. "She had a crush on you even."

"I believe she did it to prove that she wasn't a child anymore." Matthias told her, "Klaus said he was going to ask Markus, but Greta jumped at it. She wanted me to stop looking at her as a little girl."

"And did you?" Katherine asked with a raised brow.

Matthias laughed, "I did but I didn't see her in that way." He told her simply. "You know as well as I, that I think with my head and never my heart."