xxviii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter twenty-eight.

Matthias landed in Tennessee when the sun was only just rising, his chest felt heavy as he recalled what tomorrow was. Stomping down on the feeling, he exited the plane and smiled at the compelled cleaning crew that was there waiting for him.

Matthias climbed into his car and didn't miss the string of gasps that left everyone's lips when they stepped foot on the jet. He was pleased with the mess that he created, the blood that was splattered almost everywhere and the bodies that were beyond recognizable, it was his best work yet if he said so himself.

His phone then began to ring and he pulled it out and smiled at Katherine's number. "What? Miss me already?" He joked with an eye roll.

"Very funny." Katherine said, "I was just checking to see if you landed in the states."

Matthias nodded his head, "I did. I'm waiting for my bags before I go off to the address that Klaus sent me."

"Just be careful." Katherine pleaded. "Don't hesitate to call me if anything."

"I should be telling you that." Matthias laughed. "You're the one who has more enemies even with Klaus' men leaving you alone."

Katherine scoffed and smirked on the other end. "Please, we both know that I'd never get caught."

"No, no you wouldn't." Matthias said.

The two talked for a bit more before Matthias and Katherine bid their goodbyes to one another. Once Matthias' luggage was in his car, he started his car and was off. He didn't miss how his switch was dangerously dancing, he was on the borderline of allowing himself to feel but when he remembered the agony that followed, it snapped off completely.

There was no way that he was going to let himself be miserable, instead he would ignore it all.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias had arrived at the address before Klaus and Stefan, the sun was still peeking through when he parked his car. The house was almost in the middle of nowhere, they didn't have neighbors for miles and Matthias knew that it was because of the werewolf not wanting people to question his screams when he shifted.

Exiting his car, he fixed his shirt before approaching the house entirely. He could hear two heartbeats and he knew they were females simply from their voices as they spoke to one another about Ray.

Matthias knocked on the door and a blonde girl opened the door with a confused look on her face. "Hi, can I help you?" She asked politely.

"Yeah, my car overheated as I was heading back home." He pointed over to his car, the hood open and stream coming out. "I was wondering if I could call a tow? My phone has no service." He held out his phone, showing her that he indeed had no service.

The girl nodded her head, "Yeah, let me grab the phone."

Matthias didn't bother moving as she left him and went to grab the phone with a quick explanation to her friend that there was a hot guy on their porch. Matthias smirked to himself at the compliment as he tried to keep his act together, just until she opened the door to hand him the phone, then he would grab her and compel what he needed to know from her.

"Do you want to come in?" She asked when she returned. "It's hot out there and I'd feel bad leaving you in the sun."

Matthias almost laughed at how easy they made it for him. "Sure, thank you."