vii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter seven.

"Wait, let me get this right." Katherine spoke after Matthias confessed something to her when he came to see her. "You've grown fond of Elena?"

Matthias sighed but nodded his head. "She intrigues me." He told her simply while fixing his shirt. "It's not that bad."

Katherine scoffed, "Oh babe, it is." She told him with a laugh. "It starts off as nothing but being intrigued, and then bam you fall for her."

"Katerina, you and I both know that I'm incapable of feeling such emotions." He told her simply.

"Doesn't mean that she doesn't." Katherine told him with a shrug. "She's a human and while you haven't felt something yet, you will."

Matthias shook his head and looked at Katherine with a bored look on his face, "Relax Kat. I'm fine."

Katherine didn't believe him, but she didn't voice it either. She knew Matthias better than himself, he was getting attached and the sooner that Klaus got into town, the better. The two talked some more before Matthias told her he had to go and meet up with Damon for the day.

Katherine bit the inside of her cheek before pulling out her phone and texting Klaus, she knew that Matthias would be angry with her and regret giving her a phone, but Klaus needed to know that his brother was getting too deep. Even Katherine knew that there was something about Elena Gilbert that would soon have Matthias at her mercy, and Katherine didn't want that for her best friend.

At least, not with Elena Gilbert.

Matthias met Damon at Elena's, before walking up to the door Damon told Matthias what he missed after he left the Salvatore's last night. Matthias would have stayed longer, but he wanted to see Katherine before heading home.

"So, Elena's biological father is our key to saving Elena?" Matthias asked Damon with disbelief. "Sounds fake."

"Thank you!" Damon exclaimed with a sigh. "Stefan is too concerned about protecting Elena that he doesn't realize the potential enemy he's brought back."

Matthias nodded his head in understanding and followed Damon up to the door. Damon knocked on the door and Matthias was slightly shocked when Elena had her hair pulled back and out of her face. It wasn't that it was bad, he had just never seen her with it up yet and he had to admit that it suited her, it suited her a lot.

"Where's John?" Damon asked while he and Matthias walked inside.

"He's not here, he left." Elena told them while leaving the door open. "I don't know where he went. He just blew in, announced to Jenna that he's my dad and then took off."

Damon grimaced, "It's public knowledge now?"

"Apparently." Elena told him.

"You okay?" Damon asked while walking back over to her.

"Yeah." She told him while grabbing her mug. "Jenna's head spinning but I'm okay."

"He say what he was doing here?" Damon asked while looking around.

"No. You know, Stefan thinks that he's telling the truth about wanting to help me." Elena told him in disbelief while taking a sip of her drink.

Damon furrowed his eyebrows, "You believe him?"

Elena set down her mug, "No. I don't believe him for a second."

"It honestly sounds like a trap." Matthias told them honestly. "I mean, Stefan calls looking for Isobel and gets John? I wouldn't be surprised if Isobel also showed up and started saying that she was only here to help."