xxv.

over 2000 words ahead!

chapter twenty-five.

Matthias and Elena were following behind Greta in silence. Elena couldn't help but notice the glances that Greta kept sending Matthias, but the man ignored her as he held Elena's hand tightly, afraid that at any moment, she would disappear.

"Where are we going?" Elena asked breathlessly.

"This way." Greta told them.

Elena then looked at the girl, the moonlight being the only source of light, but she looked familiar. "You're Luka's sister, aren't you?" She questioned. "I heard about you. He and your father were looking for you."

"Well, they were wasting their time. I wasn't lost." She told her while glancing at her over her shoulder.

Suddenly, Elena almost tripped but Matthias caught her. "God, I can't see anything." She complained.

Greta then lifted her hand and caused the pillars around them to light up. Elena gasped in shock before both her and Matthias' eyes landed on the body lying on the ground.

Elena's heart sunk as she recognized the body, "Jenna?" They walked over to her. "Jenna, Jenna!" Elena fell to her knees next to her aunt. "Jenna? Hey, hey, Jenna! Jenna!" Elena checked for a pulse and her gut twisted. "Oh, my God. No. Jenna! No!" She looked back at Greta. "He killed her? Why? I did everything that he asked."

Suddenly, Jenna gasped awake, and Matthias' jaw clenched with realization while Greta smirked. "She's not dead. She's in transition."

"No." Matthias said and stood up. "She's not being used."

Greta wanted to argue that it was Klaus' wishes but knew that look in Matthias' eyes. She knew that she couldn't win against him either if she tried.

"Fine." Greta then walked off, leaving them to talk.

Jenna was holding her head as they sat next to her. "Ow, my head." She groaned. "What's wrong with me?" She asked.

Elena moved closer to Jenna. "Do you remember what happened?" She asked.

"You called me." Jenna told her. "You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me." She said. "A vampire."

"Klaus." Elena said. "It was Klaus."

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't..." Jenna shook her head. "I don't remember anything after that." She then looked around. "Where are we? What happened?"

Elena noticed that Jenna was starting to freak out and grabbed her hands. "We're at the quarry. He brought us here."

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asked her.

"Jenna, do you remember..." Elena paused, gulping softly. "When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." Jenna paused, her eyes widening with realization. "Oh, god. He killed me."

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be ok. I'm going to get you out of here." Elena promised.

"I'm a vampire?" Jenna asked.

Greta then walked over. "No." She answered for her. "You're in transition and this is where I'm supposed to make you feed, but Matthias won't let me touch you." She glared at him, and he glared back at her. "Instead, we're using her." Greta was about to walk over to the new dead body before she gave Matthias a look. "It's time."