v.

Matthias' outfit is above for this chapter and the next!

chapter five.

The sound of an alarm going off had Matthias groaning in annoyance, he tried to move only to realize that he couldn't. He blinked several times, his eyes adjusting to the light in the room before his eyes landed on a sleeping Elena. His eyes widened and suddenly, last night events came back to him.

Elena had fallen asleep during their getting to know one another game and when Matthias tried to leave, Elena asked him to stay. This turned into them sharing a bed together, but Matthias was sure that he had put enough space between them to avoid his happening. Hell, he had even created a barrier with the pillows to avoid this.

Matthias could hear Elena's heartbeat, he could hear her evened out breathing as she snuggled into him some more. Matthias took a deep breath before closing his eyes and deciding to pretend to be asleep until Elena woke up. That didn't take long considering that her alarm was blaring loudly from beside them.

Elena groaned in annoyance before reaching over to grab the phone, her heartbeat picked up a bit as she realized the position that they were in. She felt her cheeks flush and become hot as she looked at Matthias, really looked at him. He had stubble on his face from a beard he was trying to grow apparently, and she had to admit that he was dangerously attractive.

Licking her lips, Elena cleared her throat and sat up while turning off her alarm. Matthias decided that now was a good time to "wake up". Faking a yawn, Matthias stretched out before blinking once more and giving Elena a sleepy smile.

"Hi there." He greeted her and Elena felt her knees go weak at the sound of his morning voice. "I'm sorry for sleeping here." He apologized while sitting up himself.

He could feel Elena's eyes on him as he stretched and groaned in satisfaction at the feeling of his bones popping. Elena shamelessly looked at his muscles and how they flexed while he stretched, she gulped softly before shaking her head and clearing her throat once more.

"No, it's fine." She told him while climbing to her feet. "So, breakfast?" She asked nervously.

Matthias chuckled at her nervousness and shrugged, "Sure."

The two walked downstairs, not missing the shock on Jeremy's face when he spotted Matthias. Jeremy shot Elena a look, but the girl shook her head at him, telling him not to question it.

"So, you and Stefan?" Matthias started as Elena attempted to make something for them. "Are you two back together or?"

Elena sighed and bit the inside of her lip, "I want to be. I mean, I love him but is that enough? He doesn't listen to me sometimes, but he respects my choices and decisions." She told him.

Matthias noticed her struggling to cook, so he quickly walked over and helped her. Elena felt her cheeks heat up as Matthias got started on the eggs. Jeremy watched the two with furrowed eyebrows, unsure with what was happening before he walked into the room.

"Uh, hey." He called out, pulling Matthias' attention away from the eggs. "I never got to thank you for saving me."

Matthias smiled at him softly, "It's nothing. You kind of remind me of my little brother."

"You have a brother?" Elena asked, "I didn't know that."

"There's a lot of things that people don't know about me." Matthias told her with a wicked grin. "Not even Damon."

"But aren't you two like friends?" Jeremy asked with a small laugh.

Matthias shrugged and nodded his head, "We are but it's more need to know. We met once and since, we've been friends. Then again I did save his life when we met."