xli.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter forty-one.

"I leave for one day." Matthias was holding his head in his hands, he was annoyed with Klaus beyond relief. "I leave for one day and you go and try to kill my girlfriend's brother?"

Klaus didn't like that Matthias was dating Elena, but he respected his brother's choices. "I want our family back Matthias." He snapped. "I'm sorry that I'm tired of waiting!"

Matthias held back a groan as he sighed, "Well, let's get this over with."

Matthias had left town for a day in order to meet with Katherine who gave him all the information he needed on one Sarah Nelson. Matthias only trusted Katherine with this information, he knew that she always had his back and that she was best at getting information.

When Matthias came back, he learned that Klaus threatened almost everyone to help him get back their family and Matthias wanted to strangle his brother. Matthias knew that Stefan was trying to act like he had no humanity, or anything left, but Matthias knew that Stefan was weak and would always have a weakness when it came to family as well.

Matthias watched as Klaus closed Rebekah's coffin, "Sweet dreams Rebekah." He told her before Mindy walked into the room. "Show her to her room, would you, love?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied before pushing Rebekah's coffin from the room.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here." Matthias spoke up as he looked at Stefan. "You really should've left town."

"Funny." Stefan said while leaning against the wall. "Because I live here."

Klaus chuckled humorlessly. "Well, if we're playing this game then Matthias and I were here first."

"You know, I don't like your hybrids friends." Stefan said while pushing away from the wall. "They're everywhere, kind of like fleas. I want them gone." He told them.

"Yeah, well I kind of like having them around." Klaus told him and Stefan hummed. "You know, I'm hurt." He said while walking forward and pouring himself a drink. "I hoped that I'd free you, we pick where we left off, but here you are, engulfing vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So, how much for friendship." Klaus said while raising his glass before drinking.

"Friends don't screw friends from their free will." Stefan told him.

"Bold coming from you." Matthias laughed softly. "How many people have you compelled in the past to be your friend?"

Stefan didn't answer him, but he looked angry while Klaus spoke up. "Okay, granted, yeah that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask my siblings. Speaking of whom, isn't time to get over?" Klaus told him.

"Klaus, get your hybrids out of Mystic falls or I will remove them myself." Stefan threatened.

Klaus hummed, "You see, if you continue to threaten me, I'm gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people. And it will get messy again." Klaus promised him.

Stefan shrugged. "Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic."

"We don't really like Elijah right now." Matthias told him with a shrug. "Maybe it'll do him some good for what he tried to do."

"Is everything okay?" Mindy walked back into the room.

"Everything is fine, Mindy." Klaus told her. "Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point." He said.