xxxiii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter thirty-three.

Matthias didn't join Klaus and Stefan in sightseeing Chicago, instead he strayed away from seeing Gloria and found himself in a hotel room that he rented out. He told Klaus not to bother him unless necessary and locked himself away to practice his magic.

Matthias had to admit that he had missed this feeling, this euphoric rush that engulfed his entire being, and he made a silent vow that he wouldn't let anyone take this feeling from him.

Matthias was in the middle of a spell when his phone went off, causing him to groan and set down his grimoire. Lifting his phone, he noticed that it was Katherine calling him.

"Miss me already?" Matthias teased again.

Katherine laughed on the other end, "Believe it or not Matty, the world doesn't revolve around you."

Matthias rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Please, we both know that it does." He joked and Katherine rolled her eyes. "But to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm in Chicago." Katherine told him honestly. "Klaus called me to come and help Rebekah pick out some clothes since she's been daggered and you're all boys."

Matthias shrugged, "Seems legit."

"So, does that mean you're going to get your ass downstairs and hug me or am I going to have to compel myself a key to your room?" She sassed and Matthias knew that she was smirking.

"Be right down." He laughed before hanging up.

He made his grimoire along with his mother's magically disappear so that he didn't have to worry about Stefan snooping. Matthias created new pages to his grimoire, adding spells that shouldn't be possible, but he was having too much fun and seeing as he was alone for 24 hours, well Matthias was able to accomplish a lot.

After getting dressed and changed into a new outfit, Matthias made his way to the lobby of the hotel where he checked out before spotting none other than Katherine Pierce. A smile blossomed onto his face as he approached her and instantly pulled her in for a hug.

"I have missed you Katerina." He told her softly and Katherine bit her tongue from the use of her real name. "Shall we go meet my brother?"

"Sadly." Katherine joked and they looped arms before walking down the streets of Chicago. "What have you been up to?" She asked him.

Matthias debated on whether or not telling her about his magic being back, and decided that he would wait on it. Instead, he just told her that he was bored and wanted to go back to New York for the next few centuries and Katherine laughed before telling him how she's been here and there since returning.

"So, Rebekah's undaggered." Katherine winced. "How's that going?"

Matthias shrugged, "I haven't seen her yet, I assume that she's hoping Stefan will still love her."

"Why did she need to be woken up again?" Katherine asked with a small smile.

"Her necklace." Matthias said. "It was my mother's and the last thing that Rebekah had of her."

Katherine's eyes widened as she realized that the necklace Elena wears belonged to Rebekah. She bit the inside of her cheek as the guilt was building up inside of her from keeping this all from him, but she wouldn't say anything still.

"But Gloria should know soon enough." Matthias told her with a shrug. "Then we'll just fix our mistake."

Katherine hummed and they arrived at a clothing store where Klaus and Stefan were drinking champagne together. Matthias and Katherine shared a look before walking inside and Klaus smiled at the sight of his brother.