xlix.

just a filler!
I have mixed feelings about this chapter but its just a filler so I'll live.

also HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

chapter forty-nine.

"Jeremy!"

Jeremy Gilbert spun around at the sound of his name, his eyes widened at the sight of Matthias. "Matty?" He chuckled as he approached the boy, pulling him in for a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I have so much to tell you." Matthias told him with a shake of his head. "But first, meet my brother Kol."

Kol smiled at Jeremy and held out his hand, "Nice to meet you."

"Is this your favorite brother that you told Elena and I about?" Jeremy asked as he shook Kol's hand.

Kol smirked at that, and Matthias chuckled. "Yes but don't tell Klaus."

Jeremy laughed before giving a look. "So why are you here?"

Matthias sighed and looked at Kol before looking back at Jeremy, "We should go somewhere to talk."

Jeremy nodded and they all climbed into Matthias' rental before Jeremy gave him directions to a good coffee place that he knew. When they arrived, Matthias smiled at the smell of coffee that filled the shop before they all sat down at the table. They only sat for a moment before Jeremy went to go and order something for them all with a promise that it was good.

"He seems nice." Kol commented as they watched Jeremy order.

Matthias hummed, "He's a hunter."

Kol's eyes widened, "A hunter?"

"I can feel the magic in him." Matthias told him with a frown. "It confuses me, but I won't dwell on it."

Kol nodded his head, deciding to drop the subject all together. "So, what's the plan here?"

"We wait for Klaus to call." He told Kol with a shrug. "Until now, we have fun maybe hangout with Jeremy sometimes."

"And you mean to tell him?" Kol asked.

"Tell him what?" Jeremy asked as he returned with three cups. "Are you talking about me?"

Matthias sighed and thanked Jeremy when he handed him the coffee, Kol sniffed it and made a face before trying the drink. It wasn't his favorite thing, but he could agree with Jeremy that it was good. Matthias enjoyed it a lot seeing as he was a coffee addict.

"So why are you really here?" Jeremy asked them after a couple moment of silence.

Matthias sighed before telling Jeremy everything that's happened since he's left. Jeremy listened with wide eyes and didn't interrupt Matthias once since he considered that to be rude.

"So, Elena linked you all together knowing Esther's track record with lying?" Jeremy asked. Matthias nodded, "And you two broke up because she cheated on you with Damon and you know that she doesn't know what she wants despite her saying it's you?" He nodded again. "And now you're here to get away for a bit?"

"Yes." Matthias said.

"At least he catches on quick." Kol joked making Jeremy and Matthias chuckle.

"Well listen, how long are you here for?" Jeremy asked after taking a gulp of his coffee.

Matthias and Kol looked at one another, "Well until Klaus calls, probably." Matthias told him honestly. "So, for a while if I know my brother."