Two - Inconvenience

Chapter Two - Inconvenience:

The ministry was packed full of important people with their documents and wands. A loud crack signalled to the people in side the tall, polished building that someone had just arrived, the person who had just arrived was the world famous Harry Potter, better known as the boy who lived, or the greatest Auror there was.

"Hello Mr Potter, is there anything you would like me to do?" Mr Beckenridge, Harry's personal assistant asked, his fashion reminding Harry greatly of his old faithful friend, Dobby the house elf.

"Hello" he said, his voice changing slightly to match his official colleges, "I've told you before, Scott, to talk to me using my first name; you remind me of my teachers, back at school" he said, laughing a little, braking his act of his usual business like tone.

"Okay, well... is there anything you would like me to do?" he repeated again.

"No, there isn't" harry said politely, "unless you have any messages for me" he said, smiling. harry didn't really approve of himself gaining a personal assistant, he didn't approve of difference in class, but the ministry insisted that Harry had one, and Scot Beckenridge was happy to 'serve' him; as the ministry said he would do.

Scott started to fumble about in his brown, tatty satchel, "erm..." he said, looking up at harry, "there was something here- ah." he said, pulling out a crumpled piece of parchment out of his bag, "shall I?" he offered, obviously meaning would Harry like him to read out the message.

"No- no. It's okay, I'll do it." harry said, taking a hand out of his blazer pocket to collect the yellow-ish piece of parchment. Scott nodded gently, and awaited his next instruction. Harry noticed Mr Beckridge was still staring up at him, "no, it's okay, i don't need anything else, you can go and take a break or whatever you do" harry said, trying to sound as polite as he could, even though he was engrossed in his resent message: Dear Mr H J Potter, i wish to see you, and consult to you about a certain arisement that has occurred, i expect you to be in my office at ten o'clock sharp. your sincerely, The Minster Of Magic. harry read, his eyes trialled down the parchment and met with a squiggly signature, barely legible.

When harry had finished, he looked down at his silver metal watch, it had the same enchantment that the weasley's had in their house years ago. but in harry's watch, the time was displayed, not just a clock face that showed where his various members of his family were. It also said the time.

The white face said: 9:57. Harry sighed, feeling quite annoyed at Scott, he always did this, he would say that Harry had a message, then Harry would find out that he had about five too one minute to get to his destination. Nut harry was always polite and appreciated Scott.

Harry turned through the magical law enforcement department and up through the magical sports and games department, then went down, though a large, carpeted corridor and knocked on the ministers door.

The minister of magic was incredibly strict, he required all of his workers to refer to him as the 'minister' or 'sir' but the minister preferred the first name.

"Come in..." a low, well spoken voice said.

Harry stepped into the office. The office had white walls with various painting, they all moved, of course. As any other picture in the magical world did.

"Ah, Harry!" He said loudly, opening his arms and patting Harry's back, while shaking his hand firmly. "I'm glad you came!" he said, pausing briefly, as if he was assessing harry. "Take a seat" he said finally, motioning towards the padded swivel seat that was on wheels. Harry sat down at graciously as he could. "Right!" he said, slapping his hands on to the brown wooden desk-top. "Now, as we know, you, Harry Potter" he confirmed like he was just making sure that he had got the right harry, "Are one of the most skilled Aurors of all time, as you did kill... you know who" harry couldn't believe this, after all this time, people still did not say Voldemort's name. That was one of the reasons Harry had killed him, not just for equality, and to stop the frequent killings, but for the freedom to let people say what they wanted to say, without fear of being killed. Harry actually felt slightly insulted by the fact no one except his close friends and family would say voldemort's name. "so," the minister continued, "that's why i have discussed it with my fellow colleagues, and the Head of the Auror office, that will soon be retiring" he said to Harry, "if you would like, its up to you, of course, but if you would accept it, i would like to offer you a promotion" he said, smiling at harry.