Four - Dismissal

Chapter Four - Dismissal:

"This time, it wasn't my fault." James said arrogantly to his parents.

"Whatever, I really don't care whether you did it or not, but this?! Expulsion?" Ginny asked furiously. It had finally happened, the first person in the potter family to be expelled from school.

"Yeah, well-"

"No, don't 'yes well' me!" Ginny screeched. James just rolled his eyes, this was his usual reaction to everything that was said to him.

"As I said, Mother," James said, trying to sound calm, "Dad was the same, so how can you blame me? it must just run in the family" James stated.

"I didn't get expelled, James, I had my fun, but I knew when to stop" Harry said, he sneered slightly as he said it, even though he didn't mean to.  "I just can't believe it. My own son. Expelled." Harry said with outrage, "I'm disgusted" Harry had gone to far. What he had just said, was way to harsh.

James gave Harry the worst stare Harry had ever received. James didn't even roll his eyes at his father, he felt to hurt to do anything as sarcastic as that. "Well, if you really think that" James forced out, trying not to shed the tears that were quickly forming in his green almond shaped eyes. "ill just be going then" he finished, so close to tears, he turned around and started to run down the narrow hallway in his small house in Godrics Hollow. He prized open the oak door with the brass door knocked and looked out side. It was raining, but James didn't care, he couldn't stand the fact that his own parents were 'disgusted' and disappointed in him. He turned around to look at his parents, Ginny, frozen on the spot with a mixture of sadness, anger and shock. But his father, Harry, couldn't believe what happened. His own son was walking out on them.

Harry didn't have time to register what was happening, he was to engrossed in his thoughts.

Harry was thinking if this was anything like the way his god-father Sirius was disowned. Suddenly, with this thought Harry felt so bad. "Wait, James, come b-" Harry started but he was cut off by the slamming of the front door. Harry and Ginny stood in silence, unsure what to do. " I'll go and get him" Harry finally said while he was getting on his black shoes he used for his auror patrols and pulling on his muggle coat. "he'll be fine" Harry assured Ginny as he walked out of the door.

Harry stepped out in to the pouring down rain, Harry shivered because it was so cold. These muggle coats are nothing like cloaks, Harry thought to himself as he trod in a muddy puddle in side a pot hole in the pavement. Harry sighed.

"okay," he said out loud, Harry always had better ideas when he thought out loud. "where would he go?" He asked to no one I particular. harry thought, then it came to him. although James had never met harry's parents, some how, he seemed quite close to them. "the grave yard" harry said, braking into a run, dodging any puddles and branches that had fallen down in the storm that was now forming.

The grave yard was about ten minutes away from where he was, that would of been a fine journey, if it wasn't for the bad storm and the fact that it was about eight o'clock at night, so it was getting quite dark.

harry was still running when he came up to the iron gate leading to the villages church and small grave yard. he looked around, squinting though the heavy rain and howling wind until his eyes focused on a figure sitting down on a wooded beach.James.

"hey" harry said as he approached James, harry didn't have a clue how to start this conversation. James just nodded in response. harry got to the problem in hand, he saw no point in sitting out in the cold and rain, "what do you say we go back home?" harry said, "we can have a talk there"

"whatever you say father" James said. he sounded like he had got his spark taken away, like his happy, jolly soul would never return. guilt was building up in harry's chest.  they sat it silent for a while, then James broke the silence. "are you really disgusted with me, dad?" James asked innocently.

"no, im never disgusted with you"

"then why did you say it?"James asked, sounding slightly hurt and angry.

"people say things they don't mean, you need to learn that, if someone is that angry about something, half the things they say wont be true" harry explained, surprised at how well he worded his thoughts. another interval of silence appeared, "so..." harry said awkwardly, "what did actually happen?"  harry asked, he still didn't know why he had been expelled.

"i used..." James said, losing confidence and unsure how his dad would react.

"yes?" harry prompted.

James sighed deeply and carried on, "i used the cruciatus curse on a slytherin" James said, sounding very, very guilty.

"what?!" harry shouted, louder than he expected it to be. "why in Merlin's name would you do that?"

"because he said something about you... he said that you beating Voldemort was all a lie, and that you should of died when you were meant to" James justified, feeling this was a good enough reason to use an unforgivable curse.

"yes but you still didn't have to use the cruciatus curse on them... you do realize what that does?" harry said.

"well obviously! its the one that you can torture people with!" James loudly hissed.

"so why did you do it then? you know what?" harry said, losing control of his temper again, "your just like a death-"

Harry was cut of by a strangers voice, but it wasn't a complete stranger, it was like harry had heard it before but he hadn't, it was strange, "isn't it wonderful? some children still act like a death eater?" the voice said. a cloaked body started to emerge from the large bush directly in front of harry and James, "and none other than harry potters son," the person chucked quietly, then suddenly gained volume, "harry potter's son acts like a death eater!" the voice said, now shouting.

"who are you!" harry bravely shouted, standing up, brushing his son, James behind him for protection and drawing his wand.

the person cackled, "it's me, your worst nightmare, harry" the voice dramatically paused, "i am one of the last death eaters, one of the few followers that is still as always, so faithful to other dark lord" the person stepped out of the shadows. harry concluded the person was male, he was wearing one of the masks the death eaters wore when harry was in the grave yard at the Triwizard tournament, and he was armed with his wand. harry impulsively switched into 'auror mode'

in one continuous movement, he swiped his wand to the left, then upwards and down to the floor, trying to disarm the 'death eater' as he called himself.

the person deflected the disarming spell with great speed, this was not like any other person harry had dueled before, this one was quick, almost to quick for harry. "go! Go! James, run home, and don't stop until you get there!" harry bellowed, James to scared to say anything, whipped round and started to sprint.

"arh, how the dark lord would of been proud of me! finishing off the job he, himself could not complete!" he said, as he was throwing non-verbal jinxes and curses at a lightning speed.

harry wasn't sure if he was going to ba able to win this time... harry was dreading the worst.

***********************************************************************************************************************

A/N hello everyone, i hope your enjoying it. in know i already updated today, but that was super short, and i also promised that i would update again, so here it is and  i also know, i ended it on a missive cliff hanger, but yeah... so, votes, comments, and reads are appreciated, so don't forget to do that, and i hope you continue to read! :) and i hope to update soon