Nine- Bright And Ginger

AN/ I normally don't do the authors note first, but I would like to say thank you because on my first fan fiction (the four marauders) I have now achieved 2000 views, I am so happy about that. And I do know who my 2000th viewer was, the persons username is: Mystical_gem, she got in contact with me and I am very happy about that. This user does have multiple stories, so if your not following her, I suggest you do, and have a read of those books! They're pretty good. :) Don't forget to vote.

**************************

"We gather here to pay our respects to Ronald Weasley, a father, a husband, and a freind" the priest drawled on, no one was particularly listing. Harry certainly wasnt, he felt that the death of ron was his fault because if he didn't hesitate to stun the criminal, ron would still be alive, that man wouldn't of killed him.

But the more harry kept on thinking about it, the more he felt that everything was his fault. If he could just die, no one else would get hurt. If harry had just died at the correct time, no one would of died- not Remus, Fred, dobby, Dumbledore, and especially not ron, he would still be there, with his bad grammar, terrible jokes and bright ginger hair

These thoughts suddenly bought it home to harry, he was never going to see Ron again- never.

"I have been told that there are some people who would like to say a few kind words about Mr Weasley" the priest said gesturing towards the coffin in which ron lay, never to wake. "So, the first on my list is Harry Potter" he said, smiling sadly at the crowd.

The crowd consisted of ex-hogwarts students, family, and people from the auror office that ron had worked from. Harry knew about sixty percent of the woeful people in the cold hall in the church.

Harry thought how Ginny should be there, then he remembered that the sick minded criminal had taken her away from the world, now to distant and forgetful to even remember her Brother. Harry looked at a tearful hermione, she was sitting stiffly next harry. Hermione nodded, as if she was giving harry permission to talk before she did.

Harry stood up, his limbs feeling mechanical, but as if they could fail on him talking any time. He shuffled across the bench apologizing to anyone who he accidentally trod on their toes.

Up he went to the wooden podium, digging his hands into his black dress rode that he felt fit to wear at his freinds funeral. He dragged out a peice of note parchment that he had written his speech on. He hadn't really perfected it as harry still couldnt handle the fact that ron, The bright, happy, ginger boy he meant and bonded with over sweets on the hogwarts express when he was just eleven years old was gone.

Harry had to keep in telling hi self that he shouldn't really use the 'goe' as this gave harry false hope that ron would be coming back, like ron was one day going to return from a long trip he had. Harry told himself daily, that he had to say that ron was dead a harsh word that no one wants to use, but it was true, ron wasn't certainly not coming back. He wasn't like harry. He couldn't come back like harry could.

Harry was finally at the podium, looking out to ether tearful or disbelieving faces. It was one or the other. Harry coughed awkwardly, unsure what to say, whether he should say thankyou for coming, or let hermione say that. "Um." Harry started tapping his fingers on the podium, "okay, well we all now why we are here" everyone stared at harry, not believing he just said that. Of course they knew why they were there. If they weren't at a funeral, harry remark could of almost been comical. Harry looked down at his long speech he made prior to the funeral day. "As we, all know Ron was-" this is terrible harry thought to himself, he decided to start again.

"Ron, who exactly was he?" Harry rhetorically "obviously he was a nice person- one of the best you could meet," he self corrected "but he was more than a person. He was a father, a husband, a brother, a brother in law and a worker, but overall, I think the most important title he had, in my case, was a best freind. He one of the first people I met in the Wizarding world, I met him just after his mother and his brothers Fred and George," he said, looking over at a sad crowd. "Without Ron, I don't think I would of enjoyed hogwarts as much as I did, I wouldn't of been able to protect the Philosopher's stone for a start" harry paused, he was getting of the point, "anyway, the point is that ron was a helpful, kind, loyal boy and these qualities continued on through till he was a man" Harry's heart was pounding, he could hear his own heart. He had ran out of things to say. He looked at hermione and at the priest for help.

The priest nodded and stepped forward and said for hermione to come and say a few words.

Much to Harry's surprise, hermione stood up, but walked over to harry, tears flooding down her pale face and on to her back dress. "I I'm sorry" he said between sever sobs, "I just can't cope" she said, as she turned around, making for the exit.

Harry went to get up, but lily pulled him back down, "give her time, dad, she'll be fine" he e whispered wisely into Harry's ear. Harry nodded slightly and slumped back down on to the bench.

Hermione had finally cracked. The strong, inteligently happy hermione had gone. Maybe for ever. But harry hoped the usual hermione would be back soon. Harry hoped her among personality would soon return.

*********************

Inside St mungo's.

"Yes, she's just down the hall in her usual place" the warden said to harry, confirming where harry thought Ginny would be.

Ginny had been n St Mungo's for about three months now, still unaware of what had happened, has happened, and what will happen. She had made no progress what so ever after she had been oblivaited by the same man who killed Ron.

Harry made his way down the white hall, and knocked on Ginny's door. It was green- her favourite colour. There was no response to his knock, so harry just opened top he door.

He saw ginny siting in a high backed chair, staring out of the window, looking like a child but still as frail as ever. As if you could just one her, and she'd shatter in to a million pieces like if you dropped a crystal paper weight on a tiled floor.

Harry sat next to her and put her hand on Ginny's. She quickly withdrew her hand. Harry had forgotten she didn't know who he was.

It only fit right to tell ginny, even if she would remember or understand. "Ginny? You know ron?" She looked at harry blankly but harry carried on, trying to block out all remorse he had. Emotion would only make it harder for him to tell ginny. "Well, he is gone-" harry sighed, he knew he had to say one time or another. "He's dead" he finalized.

Ginny looked at harry, then she started to laugh. This was all she did these days. Laugh madly at anything that was said. Even if it was horrifically bad news like this.

Ginny's laughing infuriated harry. He stormed out of the room, cursing under is breath. Harry pushed past the warden and out into the fresh air.

Harry had said to himself he would never get angry at ginny. But harry could only go so far with that promise. After all, ginny wasn't herself. And never would be again.