Eight - A Deady Mission

"right" harry instructed his auror team, his voice slightly craking half way though, he was so nervous. the whole auror team had been planning for this day ever since the criminal oblivaited ginny, and put her under the imperious to try and kill harry, they had received intelligence that the criminal had moved back into godrics hollow. "so, we will be moving in on him from the left, then we will aim to put a full body bind on him" harry explained to the two other people around him. the mission was so top secrete, only harry, ron, and Thomas (a colleague of Harry's) knew that the mission actually existed.

"Er" Ron said carefully, pulling harry to the side, "if you want someone else to carry out the mission, it's fine with me... because... well, y'know... after all he's done" Ron finished.

Harry was irritated by his remark, why wouldn't he want to be part of the mission they had been planing since ginny's memory loss, harry had been having a hot temper.

"would you want to catch him?..." harry asked, "if he did the same to hermione" Ron considered this for a while then agreed, harry turned to thomas and acrried on with is explaination. "so, i have to talk to you two about what we have to do if soemthing goes wrong," he said while he was pacing round the room with is hand behind his back. "okay, if anything does go wrong, the plan is that we split up, and not go back for each other, if your wondering why i have said this, it's because we all have Auror training, so there fore we should all be able to save our selves if anything goes wrong." harry concluded feeling he had already talked to much, but he had explained the plan fully.

***************************************************************************************************

Later that day, getting ready for the mission:

"Rope?" harry asked, as he ticked of a large list of equipment the three aurors needed to carry out the mission.

"Yep" ron replied.

"compass?"

"harry" ron said, interruting the motion of the conversation that had harry asked whether or not they had the equipment, and ron or thomas saying yes to him. "are you sure we need all of this, i mean, matches," he said,rooting through the massive eqiupment bag harry planned on bringing, ron found them and showed them to harry, wearing a doubtful look on his face, "honestly, do we actually need these, weve dealt like people like this before" ron justified, placeing the pack of matches on the table the sat around.

"i just dont want anything to go wrong, ron." harry explained defecisivly.

"yes, i understand that, but matches... these are what muggles use, thats what wands are for harry" he said, picking up the matches again and giving them an inquizzitive look, ron had only used matches once or twice.

"yes but its a precuresion" he said back to ron, "I don't want anything to go wrong just because I didn't bring somthing... muggle or not muggle." Harry said, more ferocity to his voice, he was obviously flustered and getting incredibly angry at ron for interrupting him again. Harry stared and Ron for a few seconds then carried on, there wasn't that much left to tick of is long list of equipment. "Okay," harry said, attempting to compose himself, he continued, "spare wands?" Ron mumbled yes and harry said the last item, "notebook"

"yes" thomas replied, with a great tone of bore to his voice. Harry gave him the death stare as they walked out from the Ministry.

*******************************************************************************************************************

outside the allyway where the criminal has been reported to be staying:

Harry's POV:

i breathed heavily as we approached the edge of the grimy allyway in wich the unknown criminal was hiding. i gestured for tohmas to go one way, and me and ron go the other, silenty, we krept alone blending in wiht the shadows that loomed over the ally.

i felt myself getting more and more angry and worried as we approached him, with our wands drawn, at the ready. Why was it always me that bad things happened to? maybe i should isolate myself fropm others, so that if anything does go wrong for the reast of my life, they wont get hurt as well. i thought, i was taken suprise by the sudden yell of ron now a couple of yards infront of me.

"harry!" he yelled, pointing towards the siluete of a animal, i thought it looked like some kind of large cat or a dog, it was sometype of animal either way, "i-i th-think he's a-a animangus" he said, he was so nervous, he was stuttering at pratiacally every word he siad, he looked down at a small device he was now holding, it was a new gaget the Minstriy had enfoced, it was a tracker that could target someone: it had incredibly complex encharntments, but i couldnt help thinking of the Marauders Map every time i saw the tracker.

"okay" i said, trying to sound calm for not only Ron's sake, but for my own sake, "just dont make any sudden movemnts, and i'm going to slowly go over to it, to see what animal he his" i explained, sounding very sensible, but ron didnt share my opinion of what i just said sounding sensible.

"what?! are you crazy?!" ron told harry, trying to change harry's mind.

"no, i need to do this, because then we can put the right charm on it" i said, suddenly feeling quite brave. I looked into Ron's deep hazel eyes, he blink in responce to what i just said, i took his blink as consent to go over to the criminal in it's animal form.

i slowly began to gain on him. his siluet becoming more visable by the second. i came closer. and closer. so close i dared not to go any further. i bent down so that i was level with the animals large eyes. my heart thumping blood around my body. quickly becoming faster. adreniline coursing through my veins. i looked at the animal. then i realized what it was. the criminal's animangi form was a lion. out of all of the animals in the world, a lion.

i started to slowly back away, dreading what the creature would do if i ran, but before i got about to feet away, the lion suddenly transformed back into its normal form. the criminal. a hooded cloaked figure raised from where the lion had just been. there was a sudden gust of strong wind, causing his hood to fall of his head. my heart skipped a beat. i recconised him, i just couldnt put my finger on where i had seen him before. He frantically pulled up his hood again and held it there.

I was still unaware that Ron was shouting at him to stun the man, but I was still to disturbed to do anything. I definitely knew the criminal. I hesitated and In that short space of time, the criminal did something that would change my life forever.

"You really shouldn't hesitate harry potter, AVARDA KADAVRA" he screeched, no on was expecting that and Ron certainly didn't even see that the criminal was aiming the killing curse at him.

It was all to late when Ron realised that the criminal was inflicting the killing curse on him. you could see Ron's eyes suddenly turn desperate, as if he was seeking help that he knew he wouldn't receive. This broke my heart, realising that I- and nobody else would be able to help Ronald weasley from his death.

Ron was ripped from life, to early and by the same man who oblivaited my wife and tries to kill me. this infuriated me.

"Sectesemphra!" I yelled at the laughing criminal, with floods of tears filing my eyes. he dropped to the floor with a thud, but at the same time, he apparated away. maybe gone for another month or two. causing more havoc everywhere he went.

I sat on the cold pavement for sometime. I didn't know how long exactly, but one thing I did know, was that my best friend who was also my brother in law, was dead. killed my the criminal. and I also knew another thing: I wanted to know exactly who this criminal was, and I wanted to kill him as well.

**********************************************************

AN hello, I hope your enjoying it, I'm sorry for the slow update, been busy! I want to keep this note as short as I can, if there was any harry potter related words you didn't understand, comment them, and I'll explain. for forget to vote. thanks to those who have already voted.