Six - Viable

Chaoter Six - Viable

"I don't know how he survived that curse" Harry heard a muffled voice say. harry wasn't sure if this was real or not. whether he was dead or not. but what harry did know, he felt incredibly numb and strange.

he felt like he was alive again, that was the strange feeling, harry was sure he was going to be dead. forever. harry felt himself slowly coming back to him, and his memory was returning. he felt is eyelids flutter briefly, then his eyes slowly opened. he looked around, not daring to move his head in fear of braking his neck and dying, it was a ludicrous thought but harry was to scared to be in danger of death after what had just happened. Harry forced himself to cough as he did this, he saw a group of about nine people turn around and start to grin, laugh, talk and ask him endless questions, he couldn't get a word in edge-ways.

harry couldn't see a thing, though that could of been to do with the fact that he wasn't wearing his circular glasses, someone kindly picked them up from the bed-side cabinet and carefully put them on his aching, bruised head. his vision returned, much to harry's annoyance. he was annoyed because there was about nine people all crowded round him, making a fuss over him; the thing he hated the most.

"harry?" a females voice said, "harry? are you okay?"  she asked gently. then it suddenly clicked, it was Ginny.

"hm" harry mumbled, it was as much as he could manage. Ginny stretched out her pale hand and tucked a chuck of harry's jet black, messy hair behind his ear .  harry felt he was slowly gaining his lost strength, he decided to sit up and face his on lookers. it wasn't like harry didn't appreciate that people cared about him, it was just that he didn't like being made a fuss of. he classed this as his pet peeve, just bellow disloyalty, don't even get harry started on disloyalty. he looked into the peoples eyes.

there was Ginny, of course, she was always going to be there for harry. next to her was Lily, she looked tearful, this was probably because she had never seen her father in this state, he was always the strong, brave person. Albus was standing up, giving James the death stare, Albus was so good at that, Ginny must of passed her skill of the death stare down to him. but it was James that hit harry the most, the normally happy-go-lucky young boy had turned into a frail, delicate, pale and sorrowful looking boy. James stared absently up at harry, but then quickly changed his gaze back down to the small piece of rope that he was tying knots in, then untangling over and over again.

to harry's Left on the other side of his hospital bed was six more people, ron was there holding hermione's hand, obviously, they were both looking very worried, next to them was someone harry didnt expect to see: Scott Beckenridge, why on earth was he there? and more importantly, how did he now about it? all the same, harry was still feeling happy that people took time to come and see him, next to Scott was two healers that harry didn't know. one was male, he had a stocky build, with rectangular glasses and with hardly any hair, but the few sprouts of hair he did posses was a silvery white colour. the young lady next to him was the complete opposite, her build reassembled Ginny's very small and thin, she had long blonde hair and long dark eye lashes.

"hello, harry" the Young lady said to harry, "do you remember what happened?" harry tried to recollect the past evening's events... he couldn't.

"no, why what happened this evening?" harry queried, he obviously didn't know anything about what had happened.

everyone in the room gave each other grave looks, "um... i don't know how to say this to you..." the lady started to say, "but you've been in a coma... for six days" harry's heart dropped, six days? it felt like he was sleeping for a couple of hours, at the most a night, but not six days.

"there must be some kind of mistake" harry spluttered, even though he knew that you cant possibly mistake one night for six days.

"i'm sorry, Mr Potter, but there is no mistake you have been in a six day coma as a result of an attack in your home village Godrics Hollow..." hs explained, the lady obviously had training for situations like this, "a criminal had a duel with you" harry's memory suddenly started to flood back. "he used the-"

"killing curse" harry finished off. this made harry's stomach give a jolt of dread, how had he survived three deaths? the first one, when he was a baby, in godrics hollow, the second time, when he had to sacrifice himself to lord Voldemort, and now this? something strange had been going on.

"you are correct, Mr Potter, I'm afraid you are" the man confirmed. there was a moment of silence, after about three, long seconds of everyone being deep in thought, the man spoke again, "so, um... if you want some time to yourselves, we'll be going" he said, motioning towards himself, his colleague and Scott.

"if you could" Ginny said. the three nodded and departed from the spotless, clean room.

"we need to talk" Ginny said confidently to everyone. Albus, harry and James agreed, Ron and Hermione took a step back, feeling they weren't needed for this conversation. "okay, now, i need to say i love you harry" she said unexpectedly, "i nearly lost you six days ago, and the last thing i said to you was 'okay' " she said. harry looked deep into her eyes, then they both started to laugh. it was under the strangest circumstances that the two started to laugh: talking about how harry nearly died. but it was the way Ginny had said her sentence to harry that made them both laugh. Ginny was always the one who picked up the pieces of a disaster, or was the one who comforted, or the person who you could count on. Ginny was the person for everything.

after a while of laughing and giggling, everything went quiet again, you could only do a certain amount of laughing before your ribs start to hurt and you have shed all of the happy tears you had in your eyes. "in all seriousness though," harry finally said, "i love you to"

James awkwardly coughed trying to interrupt the slightly awkward moment for the others in the small room, "err" he said, unsure of what to say, "hi dad" he said.

"ugh, come here!" harry said loudly, opening his arms to hug his eldest son, hugging James was something harry hadn't done in a while. it felt nice to hug him again.

James started to cry, he released all of the tears that he had held up, all of them about being expelled, the tears he stopped coming when he was told by harry that he was disappointed in him, and all of the tears he had withheld from all of the years he tried to be 'tough' like the other boys in Hogwarts. and look where that made James end up: Expelled in his fourth year. and with no newts or owls to say he had achieved.

harry and Ginny weren't disappointed in James. James was disappointed in himself.

**********************************************************************************************************************

later that night, when the others has gone home, and harry is alone.

harry's POV

i lay in my bed, looking up at the textured ceiling, counting the various dots, deep in thought.

"what if there's something wrong with me"  i though to myself, "what if i did something wrong when i killed Voldemort? what if i missed something... what if..."  i  thought, a disturbing thought entering my brain, "what if i cannot die? what if I'm immortal?"

***********************************************************************************************************************

A/N: okay, still quite short, but I've tried my best, so i hope you enjoyed it. don't forget to vote, comment, and share! i'll try and update as soon as i can, like i have been doing lately. so that's all i really have to say,apart from, thank you so much for the amount of votes, comments and reads i have received. thank you! Dont forget to vote!
~from Zoe. :)