22

"Wooot-woot" Elliot cheers as she wins another match of Foosball against Carter.

"Oh shut up" Carter hisses out of annoyance at his numerous losses.

"Haha suck it Peters, don't be such a sore loser" Elliot coos as she reaches across him, he's too slow to realize that she's just taking his fries.

She leans back into the couch bringing her arm back with a plate of fries in its clutch.
His eyes go wide, "HEY"

She continues to shovel his fries into her mouth "shnooze cha loose" she says in between mouthfuls.

I let out a snort in between laughs at his expression.

My phone makes a small noise; signalling that someone's calling me.

Absentmindedly I pick up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer,

"Hey mini-vamp" Nate's voice rings through the phone.

Shoot im trying to avoid them.

"I feel like your ignoring us" he continues",

No shiz Sherlock.

"Pff ignoring you, no" I reply quickly

"Okay well then, what are you doing right now"

"Um I'm out somewhere probably shouldn't be on the phone right now" I reply.

"ELLIOT STOP CALLING ME A SORE LOSER" Carter yells from the living room.

Shoot.

"Is Elliot with you?" Nate asks automatically,

"Yes" I answer knowing that he's definitely going to come over now.

"So you aren't out then" he states sarcastically,

"Apparently not"

"Boys we're going over to Carters place" I hear him say to whoever he's with.

I remember the moment with Jordan, I feel the pink returning to my cheeks and the familiar flutter in my chest.

"Nate I don't know if that's the best idea" I state but theirs no answer.

Dammit Nate Adams. A knock sounds at the door.

"Lydia can you get that" Carter shouts

"Mhm" I answer reluctantly.

I run to the door, brushing my hair out of my face, I unlock the door and less that a second later Nate's opened it and is walking through with Reece and Jordan in tow.
Reece winks at me, then keeps walking.
Jordan smiles and gestures for me to go first, I feel the familiar tomato red colour flowing into my cheeks as I turn and walk into the living room with Jordan behind me.

I walk back into the living room just in time to see Elliot win yet another match of Foosball.

She raises her hands above her head in victory, oblivious to the 6 new pairs of eyes watching her.

"Can I play?" Nate asks

I watch as Elliot's eyes morph into orb like shapes filled with shock.

"Nate?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh hey"

Carter, Reece, Jordan and I glance back and forth between the two

Elliot as if just now realizing that we're all still here looks back at Carter,

"So how many points is it for me then?" She asks with a mocking smirk.

Carter gives her a joking glare before moving another chip to her side of the table.
"Mmm I'd say about twelve too- Carter have you not won any matches at all?" Reece asks mockingly.

"Oh man Cart that's pretty lame" Nate adds,
"I'm just letting her win so her pride doesn't get shot" Carter murmurs.

"Sorry what was that?" Elliot asks

"I said I'm just letting you win!" Carter replies loudly

"Yeah right! You've been giving this your all" elliot relies with a laugh.

Carter gives her a real glare now and I feel Nate flinch beside me,
By the time I've turned my head his canines are already partly extended.

My eyes go wide, all I can think of is jumping in front of him. So sure enough the next movement is me jumping on Nate.

He catches me, holding me up in front of him, my legs wrapped around his torso. I pause to make sure I'm covering the view of his face.
"NATE! I've missed you so much man, why haven't you come over lately?" I ask trying to hide the natural sarcasm.

He opens his mouth to respond but his canines haven't fully retracted yet.

I feel every gaze in the room watching us, no doubt Elliot's filled with envy, and Carter, Jordan and Reece's with confusion.
Reece sensing the fake-ness of it all casually walks over, his expression doesn't change when he notices Nate's extended canines.
He places a hand on Nate's shoulder and faces me,
"Sorry Lyd we've been busy with all kinds of stuff"
I read his gaze then automatically respond,

"Like what?"

"Come on the two of us will show you"

Nate turns towards the door, I quickly jump down and Reece follows close behind.
I give one final glance to see Jordan with his brow furrowed in confusion and Elliot "whispering" to Carter.

I hear her words right before the door shuts, "So she's dating all of them now huh?" She asks Carter angrily.

As soon as the door is shut the breeze hits my senses, I peacefully tilt my head up listening to the cars nearby and trying to put Elliot's words out of my mind.

"What was that?" Reece voice breaks my moment,
I turn towards the two boys.

My gaze on Nate.

"He was being rude to her" Nate says simply

"Who was?" Reece asks his brow furrowed.

Nate waits for what seems like minutes,

"Carter".

I watch Reece's face as it all clicks in his mind.

"Oh man, you've got a thing for that Elliot girl"

Nate doesn't answer.

"You do don't you! No wonder you haven't been fulfilling your wingman duties lately"

"What do you need a wingman for?" I ask him, my brow raised,

A light pink flush begins to spread into Reece's cheeks.

"Nothing really but if I ever need one, I mean"

"Ahuh"

"Honestly Lyd I'm not seeing anyone else, I've only got eyes for-"

"For?" I ask my mind buzzing

"It doesn't matter, the point is that Nate has a big crush on this Elliot girl"

"Yeah so? It was kind of obvious back at camp" I reply.

Reece turns to the ever so silent Nate,

"YOU'VE LIKED THIS GIRL SINCE THAT CAMPING THING AND YOU HAVENT TOLD ME?" Reece shouts.

"Shut up Reece they'll hear you" Nate grumbles.

"I hope they hear me, you deserve only the worst for not telling me. ME, your best mate" Reece says I watch him as he tries to stay serious but a mocking smile breaks out.

"I know I'm sorry bro" Nate replies, a similar smile now on his face.

Oh boys. I'll never understand them.