17

My heart hammers in my chest.

Ever since that girl snuck up on me a couple nights ago I've been worried sick.
You'd think a person would feel safer once they grew a pair of fangs, and were developing inhuman agility, and strength... well I guess it wouldn't be a person to start with if they grew a pair of fangs, and developed 'inhuman' strength and agility.

I sit curled up on the couch in Jordan, Nate and Reece's apartment.

I would've gone back and stayed at Carters but it's too awkward with the whole "I tried to suck your blood" thing still a fresh memory in both of our minds.
"Drink up" Jordan chimes,
I look up to see him holding out a red and green mug filled with a thick, scarlet liquid.

I take it into my hands.

Instantly I feel my canines extend and my pupils expand.
I bring the cup to my lips and tip it back.
The sweet syrupy liquid glides smoothly down my throat. I tilt it further, and tip my head back until the liquid stops coming.
I bring the mug down with a growl and run my tongue along my lips hungrily.

Jordan tugs the mug out of my grasp and makes his way back to the kitchen.

After a couple weeks of practice Im now able to control certain parts of my feeding, but only from a cup.

The door flies open and in walks Nate dragging a giant green tree in behind him.
"I thought we weren't going to do a tree this year cause it caused to many problems a couple years ago" Jordan murmurs.
"Yeah well we need to keep Lydia's jolly spirit intact" Nate replies simply,

I let out a short laugh "my jolly spirit?" I ask pausing,

"Are you guys religious?" I ask curiously,
"Lyd, when you've lived for as long as we have you kind of loose track of holidays and such so when you actually are on schedule you pretty much celebrate whatever you want" Nate says.

"Wait... How old are you?"

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to ask an adult their age sweetheart?" Reece asks,

I turn my head to see him walking out of his room.

"Umm" I mumble,

"Exactly, you don't want to know how old we are" Jordan chimes.

"Well now I do" I murmur under my breathe.

⋆⋆⋆

I wake up to noises, sitting up I push back the covers of the bed in the boy's guest room.
I pull on my green sweater and quietly make my way into the living room.

I stand out of sight from whoever's in the kitchen.
I quietly walk over to the kitchen and slightly lean into the doorway to see the cause of the noises.

A head of long raven black hair leans over one of the tupperware drawers digging through the plastic bowls and plates noisily.
"I'm not stupid I know you're there" the familiar voice states.
I freeze as soon as the words leave her mouth.
It's the girl from the other night, the one with the striking features, and the accent that sounds too proper to be from this century.

I quietly step backwards, looking towards the door I had come from moments earlier.

No too easy for her to get me in there, my eyes lock on the door then quickly move back to where the girl had been standing seconds before.

Where is she?

I use all of my energy to bolt to the door, swiftly open it and get myself the hell away from here.

What had she been doing in Jordan, Reece and Nate's apartment?

⋆⋆⋆

The air smells like kettle corn and freshly baked desserts.
I walk towards the cheers of children running around and laughing.