36

The moment that Jordan and I walk through the door to the restaurant: 'Scarlet Dining' I'm in awe.

The room is lit by candlelight alone, causing everything to fall into shadows. Every wall is black with simple paintings scattered along, every table has a deep-scarlet silk tablecloth in a fancy display.

The whole room overall is quite fancy, the majority of the tables are filled with what I presume to be vampires. Every single one glowing with an array of perfection, from the hair down to their very fancy clothed bodies.

A whistle comes from behind Jordan and I; we both turn to face one of the largest booths in the room. Unlike all the others this one has a black wooden door that slides back and forth for privacy maybe? Also unlike all the others this booth contains a very well groomed Nate and Reece.

Both boys look extremely handsome and from the looks in their eyes I didn't do to bad my self either.

"Lydia you look hot" Nate states with a sarcastic wink, "right back at yah" I mimick. I look to Reece, unlike Jordan he doesn't even try to hide that he's looking me up and down, I let out a small fake cough.

He looks up; my mouth opens slightly at the flash of sadness in his pretty blue eyes.

"I hope it's okay that I'm borrowing her dress-" I start before he cuts me off, "are you kidding? Lydia it looks better on you then it ever did on her anyways, I'm happy for you too keep it"

"I'm sure that she looked far better in it than I do now but thank you".

Jordan glances around the room stiffly "where are they?" He asks referring to Aspen and her circle members.

"They'll be here any minute" Reece answers under his breathe, "from what I can tell from our meeting it all went pretty well," Nate adds.

I sit in between Reece and Nate, then across from me sits Jordan.

At the small sound of the restaurant's door creaking open every eye in the room falls on the graceful figures that walk in.

I stare in awe, transfixed by the three.

The first two, hold power in every step that they take towards us, they walk hand in hand. The one on the right is a man and from the looks of his striking features I guess he's most likely originated from Possibly England? His tanned skin glows emanating his handsome face, framed by sandy blonde hair.

The woman that he links arms with, is probably the most compelling out of the three. Her hair is neatly cut in a dark brown pixie cut, framing a pale face, not only is her complexion beautiful but it's also striking ... like literally, I'm not sure whether to be afraid of the power that she holds in her every movement or entranced by her otherworldly beauty.

Her eyes are the lightest shade of Hazel that I have ever seen with small specks of chocolate brown that cause her light eyes to stand out even more.

She's slim and about 5'5 but with every inch she radiates power.

Finally I look to the girl following behind the couple. I do a double take due to how surprisingly young she appears, she looks no older than fourteen.

She wears her curly red hair tightly pulled back in a high ponytail, with giant fluorescent-green eyes and a handful of freckles that splatter across her slightly tanned skin.

I watch as they walk towards us and take their seats. The couple slides in beside Jordan and the young girl beside Nate.

"Hello" the woman with the light hazel eyes greets, her voice holds a thick ancient accent somewhat similar to what Valentina's was but slightly different.

"Hello again Aspen" Nate replies kindly, then turns to the man beside her "and to you as well Christopher", finally he turns towards the redhead beside him and gives her a nod "Katerina"

After a few short exchanges between the two groups and a brief introduction of me Christopher suggested that we order.

Now a very stereotypical waiter stands to the side of our table mentally taking down each and every one of our orders.

When it comes to me he looks at me expectantly, however instead of answering I simply stare back at him due to the fact that I don't really know what anything on the menu is.

"Miss are you ready to order?" He asks patiently.

"I uh-" I start but Nate thankfully cuts me off "she'll have a scarlet special and a plate of potato wedges".

At that the waiter nods to the table and walks towards the kitchen.

"Thanks" I mumble under my breathe to Nate.

Over the past few months I've been practicing my tolerance for human food. Nate knowing that one of my easier foods to tolerate is fries so he ordered them for me.

Soon after the order the same waiter returns followed by two more each carrying two orders.

They set each order in front of the orderers.

"Bon apatite" the waiter calls before walking away again.

I silently study the deep scarlet liquid that fills the pretty clear glass in front of me.

Finally after about two minutes I pick it up and hungrily devour it.

The bittersweet flavor erupts in my mouth; the delicious liquid glides down my throat swiftly. Leaving every part of my mouth in sweet tingles.

I ... want ... More.

I glance around wide-eyed in search for more of the delicious liquid.

Everyone at the table has full focus on their food but one.

Aspen watches me with amused eyes. I then watch as she snaps at one of the near by waiters, this automatically brings everyone's attention up to her once more, Jordan gives me a worried glance before turning back to face her. The waiter makes his way towards our table "what can I do for you miss?" He asks politely.

She then looks to me, from the corner of my eye I see all three boys stiffen.

"Could you please retrieve another glass of the 'Scarlet Special' for my dear friend here?" Aspen asks, the waiter nods and hurries off to retrieve the order.

All three boys relax in surprise, "thank you" I say.

"No problem dear, I've been very keen to meet the stealer of hearts," she states bluntly. As soon as the words leave her mouth I choke slightly on my insides, "t-the stealer of hearts?" I repeat in both a confused and an amused tone.

"Well yes, from the way my dear Reece has talked about you and from what I've seen of Jordan's behavior ... You've really got these boys tied up in knots around you" she says with a small smile.

My jaw slacks slightly, "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about".

"Mhm" she murmurs before taking a sip of her drink, obviously not believing me.