37

"So what I've been told is that you want my circle and I to help you kill off Nick and his circle members. Is that correct?" Aspen asks.
"Yes that is correct" Jordan confirms.
"What exactly are you expecting from us?" The man, Christopher asks.
I watch as Aspen curls her hand into his, there's some sort of bond between them.
Nick had told me about bonds and the basic facts but he never mentioned how to figure out when two are connected through a bond.
However as I watch the two I'm enthralled by their connection. Aspen catches my entrancement and sends me a subtle wink.
My face flushes from the embarrassment of being caught starring back and forth between the two.
"We aren't expecting anything as of now. We are simply hoping that you, your mate and as many of your circle members that you can scramble up, can help us to fight Nick-" Jordan continues but Reece cuts him off before he can finish. "To help us avenge my sister and kill the bastard that inflicted pain on our family" Reece states emotionlessly.
I watch for Aspens reaction, awaiting an answer.
"Alright" she states, "alright?" I repeat quietly in question. "Alright I'll contact my circle members and have them come prepared to fight" she explains.
"Thank you so much" Jordan responds.
Christopher terns his steady gaze to Jordan, "however we expect a pre-made sleeping arrangement for every circle member".
Jordan opens his mouth to respond but then shuts it quickly, unable to think of an answer. "It will gladly be arranged" Reece cuts in.
Aspen sends him a nod of thanks.
"I shall send the circle a message telling them to make there way to the location of your choice by tomorrow evening" the young looking red head; Katerina states suddenly.
A sudden movement from the corner of my eye catches my attention.
I turn to see Reece sit up suddenly as if remembering something he pulls a pen out from in his pocket and begins to scribble something on a napkin.

I lift my head slightly to see that the scribbling is actually an address.
He passes the napkin to Aspen, "this is the address to an old bunker-cabin that I used to hide away at sometimes, it's vacant. Tell them to meet there".
Aspen takes the napkin and passes it to Katerina.
Katerina nods, hops up and off of her seat then makes her way out the door without a goodbye.

⋆⋆⋆

"Are you ready?" Jordan questions from the driver's seat.
I turn my head to the side to face him, taking in his dark blue eyes, speckled with small tints of green, long eyelashes, hard jaw, sprinkle of freckles and his ashen hair.

I reach my hand towards his and take it into my own. My heart begins to beat at an unusually fast pace.
As he meets my eyes with his own I instantly look away, feeling my face begin to flush.
"I-I'm ready" I answer, then pulling my hand away from his I open the car door. I take a breath, exhale and step outside.

The lake air fills my lungs, followed by smoke. I glance up to see Nate and Reece leaning against the cabin's porch-railing. Each exhaling long wisps of twirly grey smoke, cigars in their hands.
The sound of a door shutting comes from behind me, I turn to find Jordan already right behind me ... really, really close behind me.
I step forward and make my way to the boys feeling Jordan follow right behind me.

"Hey fam" Nate yells rather loudly as Jordan and I take seats across from the two boys.
I give him a smile before looking to Reece. He watches me with a vacant expression I raise my brow at him.
As if answering my curious expression he glances to Jordan then back at me.

"You alright there Reece?" Jordan asks blankly, interrupting Reece and I's stare off.
Reece sends Jordan a cold stare, "lets just focus on getting this place ready for a whole circle to inhabit".
"Good idea" Nate and I chime in union, I then stand up and walk towards the large wooden cabin.
The door to the building sits open as if calling for me to enter. I walk in, taking in the dust and earthy scent. From the looks of the place it's as if a large family had made this their home and then just abandoned it. The living room looks cosy, with matching-couches, nature art work and a stone fireplace.
The cabin also includes a kitchen, dining room, four bathrooms, and a hallway that splits off into a few dozen rooms.
"Why are there so many rooms?" I ask to whoever it is that I sense in the house.
"Because this cabin was built for a few families to take refuge in during world war 2" Reece answers from behind me.
"What happened to them?" I ask bluntly , he pauses for a minute or so before walking around to face me.
"They never made it" he answers quietly his voice just above a whisper.
I don't answer, unable to think of a reasonable response.

I run my fingers along the wall taking in my 'holiday space'. Since Jordan and I aren't going to be able to make it to school for a while I told Carter to tell the school's office that we're on a family vacation. I just hope that the school doesn't realize that I don't actually have a blood-family anymore.

"So you and Jordan?" He states, abruptly changing the subject.

I look up at him in question, his bright blue eyes pierce into mine.
Just like I did to Jordan I take in his hard jaw, tanned features, flushed cheeks, pink lips and raven black hair.

"Me and Jordan?" I ask.

"I saw the two of you in the car having a ... Moment".
I smirk at this, " a moment?".
"No seriously Lydia I'm not kidding around. Are you and Jordan together?".

I watch him bewildered, "no?" I answer.

He gives me a sad smile "that wasn't an answer sweetheart".
"Jordan and I aren't together, but I don't kno-" I start but he cuts me off by leaning forward and pressing his warm lips against mine. Before I can even react he's stepped back and started to walk out side. However before he does so he glances back at me "I had to get that in at least once before the two of you shack up for eternity".
"What are you talking about?" I yell back at him from where I stand.
"Come on sweetheart guys like me never get the girl", and with that he walks out of sight.
Great! As soon as I'm starting to get my feelings together and have decided on something ... that boy comes in and jumbles everything up.

______________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who's read this far into 'A Touch of Scarlet', and thank you to everyone who votes and comments!
Thank you so much for 300 votes! I hope that your all enjoying the story.
What are your thoughts on this chapter? :)