40

* Authors Note: Just a heads up this is not the final chapter, however 'A Touch of Scarlet' is slowly coming to an end. *

Anxiety and aggression fill the misty-claustrophobic air.

I tug at the tight bands that currently secure two long daggers to my body.
I don't plan on using them for anything other than defense and to protect my friends.

"Stay behind me okay?" Jordan says to me sternly.
I look over at him, "I'll try" I reply.
He reaches for my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. "Stay with me, I won't let anything happen to you" he states firmly.
I give him a small smile but I doubt that it has the chance to break through the anxiety barrier that is my mind right now.
I glance around nervously taking in the groups of vampires waiting for what is to come.
Amelia woke me up early this morning. We then we got ready together; putting on the outfits that we'd trained in throughout the week. She put my hair up into a tight-high ponytail that now sways behind me as I pace around nervously.
After the two of us were done we rushed out to meet all the others in front of the cabin.
We had walked over to Jordan, Reece and Nate, and then when every person was present we'd taken off as a group.
We walked a good distance into the forest so that when Nick's group finds us he doesn't find the bunker-cabin as well.

A low chorus of hisses comes from the distance signaling their arrival.
Aspen's voice echoes throughout the forest as she shouts for us all to hear: "stances ready, here they come!"
Jordan and Reece push me behind them, Nate doesn't even take a second look back at me or anyone else before he charges the crowd of bodies.
Nick's circle members emerge from the trees opposite us. Their faces covered in bright blue paint.
Aspen's circle members clash into the countless members covered in the blue warrior paint.

The two sides quickly become a morphed cluster of fighting bodies. Vampires slashing Vampires, handfuls of both Aspen's and Nick's circle members fall to the ground lifelessly.
One of the blue painted men breaks through our barrier of vampires and comes at Reece who steps towards the man and swiftly drags his blade through the mans chest.
The man falls to the ground lifelessly.

Jordan sends Reece a quick glance, worry clear on his face.
I watch as a blue painted woman steps across the barrier of bodies and makes her way towards Jordan, her blade held high.
My gaze darts to Jordan who continues to analyze his friend. As the woman continues to approach Jordan; now only six feet away she raises her blade threateningly. My pupils bleed over black and a strange feeling takes over my mind: Mine. Protect. Mine.

Without a second to waste I automatically dart forward pulling my blade out of its sheath.
The blade feels cool and familiar in my hands; Jordan looks up just as the woman tries to plunge her silver blade into his unbeating heart.
I however cross her blade with my own and begin to push back aggressively.

Mine. Protect. Mine. Must protect.

The woman tries to twist her blade around mine but instead her arms go limp and her blade drops, a dark splotch of red begins to grow on her slim stomach.
"What the hel-" I begin when she falls forward, collapsing onto me. Standing behind her is Amelia, she grins at me.

"Good defense" she praises, "thanks" I respond breathlessly.
"You think your ready to go out there?" She asks while pointing out towards the rather large crowd of fighting bodies.
I open my mouth to respond but Reece and Jordan step in front of me once again, this time saying "she's staying with us" in union.
I turn to look back at the two over barring boys that all of a sudden feel that they have a hold over my actions.