16

"I think you'd really like them" I say while looking at my grass stained hands.
I let out a small laugh.

"Especially Nate" I pause,
"Yes definitely Nate, the two of you would flirt your heads off".

I reach forward and run my fingertips along the cold stone.

Andréa Ames;
"Loving sister and honourable daughter".

I look around at my surroundings, the hundreds of grey stones that stick out of the green, dew covered grass. Each labeled with a few words.

Then I turn back to the one in front of me. The simple stone that now takes the place of my non-breathing sister.

I touch my face hoping to feel tear stained cheeks but that's not what I feel, my cheeks are completely dry.

Not once in that last four months have I cried more than once, not even for my sister.
Is it wrong not to cry?
It's not that I don't miss her it's just that my sadness hasn't taken over.

'Human emotions can't take over when their's already a bloodsucking creature in control of you ' a voice in my head taunts.
Ignoring the voice I murmur one last goodbye to the stone, place the assorted bouquet of flowers in front of the grave and turn to walk away.

The breeze cuts and claws at my skin as I walk down the pavement.
The crisp sting continues to snatch at my skin, and the quick wind blows my flowing black top all over the place exposing bits of pale skin.

I glance behind my back due to the feeling of a pair of eyes watching me.

I quickly take out my phone, my fingers shakily typing on the screen until they pause above a name;

Carter Peters {Future King}

I smile at the contact name he made for himself, but the smile disappears when my hands automatically continue scrolling down the contact list.
Knowing that Carter won't pick up if I call him.
He's been talking to me, but not nearly as much as usual.
Before I even register my next movement, I've pressed a name and am holding my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" Reece's voice comes through the phone.
I don't respond, just awkwardly hold the phone to my ear,
"Lyd?"
My eyebrows raise at the new nickname and then a barrier goes down and I begin to ramble,

"How come you don't sleep in a coffin?" I ask.

"Excuse me?" He asks,

"You know cause your a vampire and all... why don't you sleep in a coffin? Is that not a thing anymore? Was it ever a thing? How old are you even? Were you alive when it was a thing? Or were you not a vampire yet when it wa-",

"Lydia?" He interrupts.

"Um yes?" I ask,

"What was that?"

"What was what?".

Reece pauses.

"Lydia?" He asks,

"Yess"

"What's wrong"

"Nothing what are you talking about?" I mumble.
"Your a terrible liar"
"No I'm not"
He lets out a short laugh, "hell yes you are"
I frown. I thought I was good at lying.
A noise comes from behind me.

"Um Reece" I whisper,

"What?"

"I think there is someone behind me" I mumble as my pace begins to quicken.

"Where are you?" He demands

"Um I-I'm um-" I stutter looking around the now dark street quickly as I continue walking down the pavement.

"Lydia?" Reece ask more urgently now.
My canines extend as a shadow passes behind me.
I whip around,

A lock of thick black hair brushes against my face as a shape runs past me and into the darkness.
"Lymphia-" Reece's mumbled voice questions urgently from my phone that lays dropped on the pavement.

I turn to face the shape in the shadows.

It steps forward, l watch as the morph of darkness's features begin to get clearer as she gets closer and closer to the street light.

Long black hair frames a slightly tanned striking face, familiar blue, orb shaped eyes stare at me in challenge.

Her cheek bones well defined under the glow of the street light.

She now stands about fifteen feet away from me,
With large white canines extended.

She walks forward until we're only four feet apart.

"Interesting" she murmurs with a strong accent.

She looks about twenty-five but her accent sounds old, not like it would if it belonged to an eighty year old, but as if it belonged to someone who had existed all the way back in the 1800.
Her raven black hair falls past her mid-back, just above her hips.

I stare in awe.

She smirks, then turns and disappears into the night with an unspoken sentence left in the air.

"This isn't the last you've seen of me Lydia Ames"

She doesn't actually open her mouth, but when I hear the words it's as if they're in my head but with her voice.

The words cause me to shiver, I then shakily bend down picking up my phone.

"R-Reece?" I stutter into the phone,
I wait but no response comes.
I put my phone back into my pocket and continue walking.

"What happened" a voice growls from behind me.

I slowly turn to face the three boys behind me.
The voice had been Jordan's, he walks towards me and puts a protective arm around my shoulder.
Nate and Reece walk in opposite directions and begin to look around, with there canines fully extended.

Reece freezes.

"What's wrong?" Jordan growls,

Nate stops and looks at Jordan.

"She's back" he says, a blank expression quickly overtaking his features.

A knowing look passes over Jordan's face.

I look to Reece who hasn't moved since Nate spoke.

"W-whos back?" I ask quietly,

"An old friend" Reece growls, and then just as quick as he came he's gone.