11

"Where are we going?" I ask for most likely the tenth time.

"You'll see soon"

"I wish it were somewhere with food"

"You'll see"

The three boys chime in at the same time with three separate answers.

I smile as the three look at each other with challenging stares.

"NATE YOUR DRIVING" I yell

As he swerves to miss hitting a pole.

I look out the window and stare into the trees that pass as we drive.

I wonder if Andréa would've liked Jordan, Reece and Nate.

She was always more into guys than me. She'd be juggling boyfriends, while i'd be sitting in bed watching Netflix on our laptop.

A sad smile creeps onto my face as I think about all of the times she'd come back from a date and make me food saying the guy wasn't her type.

"Seriously girl vamps are weird" Reece's voice tears me away from my memories and brings me back to the car.

He's turned around facing me from the passenger seat, I reach forward and flick his forehead.

"Ouch" he says in a mocking, hurt tone

"You hit me"

"Ya well you kinda deserved it" I murmur

"Whatever" he says in a kid-like tone turning back to the front with a slight frown.

"Right forgot about the really good hearing thing" I say under my breathe,

"Ahuh" Nate says, I can hear the smile in his voice.

⋆⋆⋆

"Just close your eyes, do you feel his presence?" Reece asks with one hand on my shoulder.

"Yes but I can't tell if it's you or them that I can sense"

"Well then, that'd be me I guess"

He pauses before also saying,

"See yeah Lydia hope you find me first"

Then with a wink at me he turns around and disappears into one of the tree's.

As soon as we'd walked out to this spot in the forest Nate and Jordan ran off into the trees like Reece just did.

I'm supposed to learn when to sense if another Vamp is close and hopefully where they are.

I start walking towards to tall pines. Closing my eyes I listen

"Come and get me" a whisper comes from above"

Jumping onto the first branch I grab onto the next one and begin to climb.

My eyes narrow on a black head of hair higher up in the tree.

I climb and climb until the voice is right in front of me.

"See I knew you'd find me first" Reece says with a smirk

"Ya cause you were probably making the most noise"

"Nope admit it kid, your naturally drawn to me" he says with a wink.

I just stand there with my mouth open unable to conjure a response but then all of sudden he's gone.

I look down at the figure now standing below me.

"I said come and get me princess"

Lifting one foot I look down and then lift the other.

The branches scratch my face and arms as I fall through them.

I wait for the hard ground impact but instead land on something muscular.

Turning around my eyes widen.

"I told you to follow me not fall on me, but hey I'm not complaining"

He says with a smirk, his voice muffled.

Automatically I push his arms away and drop to the the ground, standing up I pretend to start looking for the other two trying to ignore the fact that my face is turning a very dark shade of crimson at the moment.

"Aw your blushing" Reece says the smirk still permanently glued to his face as he pokes one of my cheeks.

"Pff no the blood is just rising to my face from the fall"

"Ya well I bet you just lov-" Reece begins before another voice cuts him off,

"HURRY UP YOU TWO I'M FREAKING STARVING!" a voice that's sounds a lot like Nate's comes from a couple trees down.

Ignoring Reece I walk towards it and look up sure enough there sits an annoyed Nate.

"Took you long enough" he mumbles as he jumps down.

I walk over to three trees down and look up, and sure enough there stands Jordan watching me.

Without a word he jumps down and lands beside me.

"Why are your cheeks so red Lydia?" Nate asks and from the smirk on his face I can tell he already knows,

Then absentmindedly I turn to Jordan who's face is wiped clean of emotion.

"I fell" I say looking down at my shoes.

"On who?"

At that I look up to a smiling Nate my eyes narrow before I say,

"If by who you mean dirt, because that's what I fell on. Dirt" I say and then turn towards the direction of the car and start walking ignoring the snickers from behind me.

⋆⋆⋆

"Camping?" Adrien echoes in horror.

"Yes Adrien you'll have to leave your Beaty routine at home for this trip, sorry" the teacher says from the front with a small smile.

"I don't need to bring anything, this-"

he gestures down to himself,

"comes naturally".

I glance over to where Jordan sits diagonally from me in the next row over,

His expression is almost blank except for a small hint of worry.

"Be outside in front of the office on Monday morning at eight o'clock A.M or your grade will be dropped down every minute you make us wait. The cabin lists are on the second page of the notice I'm handing out now."

She stops in front of Jordan's desk before looking up again and saying,

"Oh and we've already got two non-teacher volunteers for the trip we'll just be needing one more"

My gaze locks on Jordan's as he turns around to give me an annoyed look.

I stare back in confusion before the teachers works sink in 'two'

Dammitt

My expression changes to mimic Jordan's annoyance then I give him a nod and he turns back around to face the front.

"What was that about?" Adrien asks

I look over at him and Carter sitting beside him who is so obviously listening in.

"Nothing we just know who the two volunteers are"

And with that I tune back into the teachers rules about the trip next week.