18

I step into the room, inhaling the familiar sent of acrylic paint and brush cleaner.
I run my hands along the piles of canvas's until my finger stops on a rectangular one.
I place it onto the easel, then carefully adjust the frame to keep it in place.
I pick up my pallet and brush, then turn to face the canvas. I dab the brush into the ivory paint, then bring up my wrist and place the brush onto the canvas and begin.

After about an hour and a bit I drop my brush and look at the painting in front of me. A tear threatens to fall as I take in the image before me.

A fair, porcelain like girl stares back at me with soulless sapphire eyes, her perfect blonde hair lays flat until it passes her neck, it then starts to curl due to the damp scarlet liquid that it has absorbed from her skin.

Her neck is a perfect match to her fair face but is splattered with the scarlet liquid that runs out of two identical holes in her neck.

I walk out of the room feeling sick to my stomach.
I hadn't planned on what I was going to paint and I sure as hell did not see that coming.

⋆⋆⋆

"How is it that we can walk around in the sunlight?" I ask lazily.

"Why?" Jordan asks,

"I just want to know why. In most of my shows it says that vampires either can't walk around in the sunlight or they need to wear something to protect them from it but we can just walk around all we want"

"Well since your not even completely done your Trans the sunlight won't effect you" Jordan replies,

"However when you get older the sun starts to cause you pain because you can only live so long under its rays." Nate adds,
"So how come you can walk around in the day then?" I ask,
Nate and Jordan both roll up their sleeves exposing thin golden bands that wrap around their pale wrists.

My eyes widen, "what happens if you were to take them off and walk into the sun? Would you burst into flames?" I ask seriously.

Nate and Jordan look at each other then back at me,

Nate coughs awkwardly, "y-yes we had a brother named Luke"

"W-what happened to him?" I ask cautiously,
"His girlfriend stole his sunlight band without telling him and the next morning he walked out the door and-" Jordan shut his mouth unable to continue.
"I-I'm so sorry" I mumble,

"It's ok" Jordan responds,

"No really it's not ok" I reply sadly.

"Yes it is ok because it wasn't true anyways" Nate replies,

"Yes well I'm so sorry anyw-" I cut off.

"WAIT WHAT?!" I yell, standing up from the couch,
Jordan and Nate erupt with laughter to the point where Jordan starts to choke and Nate slips off the couch and falls to the floor.
"Of course not. Gosh Lyd your so gullible" Nate says through laughs.

"I can't believe you just did that to me" I scold,
"I can't either, I'm so ashamed of you!" Nate yells at Jordan sarcastically through a short laugh,
"Yeah well I'm so ashamed of you that I can't even bare to sit on this couch with you" Jordan replies, stands up and sarcastically storms to his room and slams the door.
"He so unbelievable" Nate remarks sarcastically.
"Mhm" I mumble before standing up grabbing the nearest pillow and running at him with a battle cry;

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU NATE" I clash into him and begin to smack him with the pillow.
His canines extract so quickly that they pierce his lip causing two small droplets of blood to form and drip down his chin.