30

* This chapter is dedicated to HebertKath *
_______________________________

[ Nate's P.O.V ]

My adrenalin is on level ... Well - vampire.

I run so quickly after Reece that I begin to feel light headed from the Sparks that fly up from the rubber on the bottom of my shoes hitting the ground.

I come to an abrupt stop outside of the last door. I know it's this one because I can smell the drama of the situation sifting through the door.
I should've never gotten involved with that girl I think to myself.

I should never get involved with a human again but every time I tell that to myself one name comes to mind.

E l l i o t.

She's so completely different from anyone I've ever met.

Shut up Nate your best friend and his sister are behind this door possibly getting there arses kicked.

A slight smile crosses my face at that thought.
I slam myself through the door and walk in on Reece and Aaron ... Nick, Nick and Reece circling each other.

I glance around the room, Valentina lays crumpled against the wall.

From the pained look on her face, mixed with her spasming while clutching her ribs I can only guess that they got damaged and are now quickly healing.
She lets out a final scream as the last bone snaps itself into place, that simple noise pushes Reece to charge.

He slams his fist into Nick's nose causing a nasty cracking sound.

Nick growls, clutches his nose and quickly snaps it back into place.

I watch as they go back and forth, one getting a punch in and the other a kick.

"Stop playing around" I growl,

Both men turn to look at me their expressions filled with nothing but aggression.

I smirk at Nick, "hey there handsome how are the fangs treatin ya?".

"You know what Nate?" Reece asks sarcastically, his anger settling.

"What Reece?"

"I think Nick here, just wants some comfort. He's been lonely for far too long I think he just needs a couple of familiar faces"

Nicholas lets out a murderous growl.

I watch him for a minute or so before realizing how serious this really is.

He wants to kill us.

I give him a quick once over. He's buff, he probably went through his trans when he was about ... eighteen or so.

Just like Reece, Val and I. Which means ... from the look of those muscles, that he's just as strong as us.

Dammit

⋆⋆⋆

[ Lydia's P.O.V ]

I run my finger tips along the once open wound on my wrist.
I glance down; now it's nothing more than a pale pink bruise.

I follow Jordan awkwardly, attempting to keep my distance as we make are way to wherever the others are.

After Jordan had confessed to possibly loving me ... I'd succeeded in attempting not to choke. However I was left speechless.
After a moment of awkward silence he'd lent forward and broken the remaining chains that had strapped me to the wall and floor.
Now here we are about ten minutes later.
Neither of us has spoken. How am I supposed to respond to a confession like that?
Am I supposed to say it back?

I don't even know how I feel ...

We finish ascending the staircase and make our way to the door.

Jordan places his hand on the door knob and begins to turn it but a murderous yell stops him.

Then seconds after a second yell just as angry as the first sounds through the door.

He glances to me, all awkward tension put away, replaced by fear.

Actual fear.

⋆⋆⋆

[ Nate's P.O.V ]

I'm not exactly sure when but somehow Reece and Nick skipped the whole 'one of us will charge the other and we shall fight' thing and they just ended up clashing together at basically the same time.

I've tried multiple times to try and help Reece but each time I try, I get pushed back.
Their like a knot of non-stop-moving, entangled limbs.

As soon as one steps back the other throws a punch or bite or kick.

They continue to slam each other into whatever object comes into there limited path.

Valentina walks towards them, a silver dagger in hand.

She also tries to barge in, but this time Reece lets out a low growl.

"Get back" he hisses under his breathe.
Nick looks up, a thought turns in his mind as he quickly glances between Reece and Val.
Before I can register the thought that he just processed he's stepped away from Reece.

"What are you doing? Let's Finnish this" Reece growls,

" I have more in mind than simply finishing this".

I watch him curiously, he turns around.

What is he doing?

He starts to walks towards Val.

"Your so pretty" he says darkly,

"How can someone with such evil in their bloodline be so beautiful?"

"What are you trying to do?" Reece interrupts protectively.

Nick ignores him, placing his hand over Val's.

Her bright blue eyes widen as his hand touches hers and she tries to jump back but it's too late.

It all falls before my eyes so quickly, I blink, trying to register what just happened.

Nick has in his hand a silver dagger.

Valentina's silver dagger.

The one that was in her hand.

The once pure silver is now completely covered in scarlet.

Reece lets out a murderous yell, followed by my own.

Valentina lays motionless on the cold cement.
A fast-paced blotch of dark red seeps through her dark grey top.

I drop to my knees my mind completely blank.

Reece charges Nick his mind set to kill.

I watch blankly as the door opens and in walks Jordan and Lydia.

Their eyes go wide as they take in the scene before them.

Jordan's expression immediately goes blank. I glance to Lydia in surprise, what I thought would be sadness is pure anger.

Our minds all revolve around the same one thought.

Aaron Nicholas James killed Val.

Valentina Arsen is dead.