08

"So Lydia on a scale from five to ten how much hotter do I look than my little brother Jordy"

Nate asks as he turns to pinch Jordan's cheek, both boys standing in the kitchen.

Within seconds, Jordan's pearly white canines have slipped out and he has grabbed Nate's wrist.

I'm currently sitting on a black leather couch in their apartment.

It's actually quite a nice apartment. The furniture is all black and the main walls are all grey, the white hall way splits in three different directions leading to each of the boys rooms.

"Oh well wait till you see Reece, there's no comparison there, I am much more attractive" Nate says turning to give me a wink.

A noise comes from behind one of the doors before it begins to creak open,

"Was that supposed to of hurt my feelings Nate?"

The voice comes from the boy walking out of the second room.

His raven black hair frames a handsome, slightly tanned face and bright blue eyes.

He wears black skinny jeans and an AC/DC muscle tank that exposes tattoos starting from his shoulders and ending at his elbows and then one on each forearm.

I stare in awe until the rancid stench of smoke creeps into my senses.

Automatically my nose scrunches up and my eyes lock onto the thin white stick in the boys hand.

Lifting it back to his mouth he inhales and then exhales.

The white smoke twirls around in the air.

He walks towards me and plops himself on the black couch, directly in front of me.

"Nate who's the chick on our couch" he asks in a suggestive tone.

"No, no it's not like that. They brought me here" I snap,

The boy smiles "I bet they did"

He reaches forward twirling a lock of my hair.

I jump back with a low growl, my canines slipping out.

The boys eyes go wide and he sits up

"Oh you're Lydia" he states.

"Yes I am" I reply while glaring at the white death stick in his hand.

The boy rolls his eyes at my glare before introducing himself,

"I'm Reece Arsen" he adds while smiling in an attractive way.

I turn my head towards Nate,
"What was he talking about this boy is so much more attractive than him"

Reece laughs "Thanks" he says with a wink.

"Whoa, whoa wait did I say that out loud?"

"Yes that could be a very high possibility" Reece responds with a smirk.

Nate walks out of the kitchen staring sarcastic-daggers at me.

"You only think that because you've probably developed a brotherly relationship with my brother so you automatically think the same of me" he snaps.

Jordan walks out with an awkward expression on his face that I can't quite interpret.

He looks up and locks eyes with Reece who grins at him but Jordan stares back with a blank expression.

Dang moody vampires.

Nate walks towards Reece taking his cigarette and placing it between his own lips, inhaling and then exhaling the white twirls of smoke into Jordan's face.

Oh man these boys are what teenage girls like to call "Bad Boys", how cliché;
I think to myself while rolling my eyes.

I scrunch up my nose in disgust, hoping that Jordan doesn't take the cigarette.

Please, please, please

Nate holds the white death stick out to his brother,

Jordan grimaces and shakes his head.

Oh my gosh what a relief...

Wait, why would I care if Jordan smokes...

"Lydia you alright? You look conflicted" Jordan states looking at me with a worried gaze.

"If only you knew."
I think with an eye roll.

"Guys where did you find this girl? Even though she's really pretty she's kind of weird" Reece states.

"Ya vampire girls are always sort of... off" Nate says while grinning at me.

My eyes narrow at the two boys with annoyance.

"Ahem" I look over at the source of the awkward noise. Jordan.

"What's up with you little brother?" Nate asks with fake concern.

"Upset we're having our own fun with your girlfriend?" Reece asks with more sarcastic concern.

"She's not my girlfriend" Jordan replies,

"Well in that case-" Reece says while slinging his arm around my shoulder.

Within seconds my canines have slipt out with a low hiss but that's not the reason for Reece moving his arm away from around my shoulder.

Looking up I lock my eyes on Jordan who's canines have slipped out at the same time except his eyes are narrowed at Reece.

"Looks like both of these kids need some help with their control" Nate says looking back and forth between Jordan and I.

I look down knowing that so much heat has crept into my face that I must look like a tomato.

⋆⋆⋆

"Whats wrong with having Starbucks for dinner?" I ask Carter with fake annoyance?

"Nothing's wrong with having Starbucks for dinner, but having just a Hazelnut Frap for dinner? No" he explains while laughing.

Carters not exactly a fan of my eating habits.

When it was just me and my sister we'd take a run to starbucks from our appartment.

I would always have a Hazelnut Frap and she would have Vanilla latte with a muffin.

My eyes water at the memories but Carters laugh brings me back.

"Haha okay, how about we run over to the grocery store to pick up some dinner and you can get your frap on the way out?" he suggests.

"Okay but I need that frap or I'll get crabby" I say

"Oh believe me I know" he says with a smile.

______________________________________________________________

Picture of Reece to the side. :)