31

"Lydia" a morphed noise disrupts my trail of thought,

I ignore it.

"Lydia?" It comes again, clearer this time.

"Lydia answer me",

Finally I glance over.

Carter sits across from me on my bed, sitting with his long legs crossed.

A worried expression covers his face.

"I'm fine Cart" I say for the fourth time, my voice comes out raw and emotionless,
This of course only causes his expression to grow even more concerned.

"Carter I told you, I'm fine I-" I pause,
"I've just had a hard couple of days".

At that sentence my mind flashes back;

A deathly still body laid sprawled on the ground,
Her raven black hair fallen limply across her ashen face.

Valentina had died. I hadn't seen it of course, Nick had killed her just before I'd walked in with Jordan and if that wasn't bad enough he didn't even leave her body for us.
She could have lived her last moments with us before a quick death, however that monster of a man stole her from us when he made a quick escape.

I blink back the memories long enough to send a reassuring glance to Carter.

"Believe me it was just a rough couple of days"

"Alright" he says quietly, he walks towards me, gives me a swift brotherly kiss on my forehead and walks out the door.
I quickly shut it after him, lay back down on the bed and plunge myself back into my memories.

Reece stood silently, showing no sign of acknowledgement.

"Reece we've got to go before that monster comes back"

Reece finally blinked, his gaze flashed towards us.
His raven black hair framing his stunned, pale face.

He had let out a short laugh,

"She's dead-"

"She's never coming back" he'd said with another laugh.

"I'm never going to see her again"

We all stared back at him, eyes widened in confusion.

"Guys Nick killed my sister. M-my twin sister" at his own words I had watched as his pretty blue eyes widened,

"That murderous prick killed my damn sister"

Nate had finally walked towards him and wrapped his arms around Reece in a brotherly manor.

"He's going to regret the day he transformed bro. He's going to pay in blood" Nate stated simply, but the dark tinge behind his words had sent a shiver down my spine.

⋆⋆⋆

My mother, my father, my sister, Valentina ...

The list rolls through my mind, the sad process of realization that not a single one of them will ever come back.

I swear if I lose one more person I'm done.

I wonder where I'd be right now if I'd never gotten into that car accident?

Would Andréa still be here? Would I have still met Jordan, Reece and Nate?

I doubt it.

Do I regret the last couple of months?

The thoughts naw at my brain, itching to be answered.

I don't know.

I don't know if I'd rather be human right now, with nothing but the knowledge of an average human.