Diary 43

Time has passed and the wedding was completed. Naeun and Kai are now happily married.

Naeun is still working with Kai at Police academy as the nurse there, assisting with Lay.

Kai is still the Chief there. Daehyun is training with Ye-Jun, Naeun's younger brother. He graduated high school already and now in college studying in criminal justice. He now wants to be an agent.

"Anything to report?" Kai asked Ye-Jun.
"Well, we caught the unsub. He was easy to catch." He replied.

Kai smirked. "Impressive."
Ye-Jun smirked back. "My team are now observing him at the moment. So, I should be heading back."

"Okay. Good job today." Kai said.
"Thank you." Ye-Jun said as he bowed. He then left Kai's office, leaving him alone.

Not a moment later, Naeun walked in.
"Yeobo, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" Kai asked as he got up from his seat and guided her to the couch.

"I heard about Ye-Jun's first case. I just want to congratulate him." Naeun replied.

"He just left after you came in." Kai said.

Naeun replied. "He's all grown up."
Kai smiled. "Yeah."

"Anyway, I was thinking—"

"No."

"Eh?"

"I know what you're thinking. You want to come back to work." Kai said.

Naeun pouted. "Please."

"Naeun, think about the baby. You're 5 months and I don't want to risk of losing you again even the baby." Kai said.

Naeun sighed again.

"But Lay needs help though." She said.
"It's been taken care of. Don't worry, Bomi is helping him out and she's doing a great job." Kai said.

"What about you? Do you need any help on any cases coming up?" Naeun asked.

"I'm just tired of sitting around." She added.

Kai smiled and kissed her on the forehead.
"I know. You're on a maternity leave so you need your rest."

"Okay."

"My shift is almost over. We can go to your appointment after." Kai said.

"Okay. I'll be waiting." Naeun said.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Naeun is having a ultrasound and seeing the baby brings a smile onto her face.

"Your baby is healthy and has a strong heart beat." The doctor said.

The baby suddenly moved its arm and it sort of looks like it's waving its hand.

"Looks like she's saying hi to you." The doctor said.

Naeun smiled and started to have tears.
"I'm having a girl."

The doctor smiled along. "Yes you are."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"So what did the doctor say?" Kai asked.
"Well, she's healthy and all. Doctor also mentioned not to stress me out." Naeun replied.

"Oh that's good. So—-wait what?"

"Jongin, we're having a girl." Naeun said, smiling.

"Omo, jinja? We're having a girl?!" Kai said.
Naeun nodded.

Kai hugged her tightly, but not so tight.

"I'm so happy. We're having a girl. I can't wait for Areum to be here." He said.