Diary 22

The next day, Naeun sat down in the office with Lay. They were both in silence until Lay spoke.

"Naeun, I think I should shut down the hospital." he said. 

"What?" she asked. 

"Because. I think we both know the reason why." Lay replied. 

Naeun didn't say anything. 

"I talked to my father last night. He too owns this hospital as well. He agrees to shut it down until the case is solved." Lay said.

"I understand, but our patients needs us." Naeun said. 

"I know and I understand that. They will have to go to another hospital." Lay said. "It's not like I don't care about the patients. I just wanted everyone here to be safe."

Naeun sighed and nodded. 

"Sometimes I wonder why it has to happen this way." Lay muttered. 

"I don't know." Naeun said. 

Then the door knocked and Lay asked the person to come in. 

"Kai?" Naeun said.

Kai looked at her with a blank expression and look towards Lay.

"I'm here to escort Ms. Son home." he said. 

"Certainly." Lay said. 

"Let's go." Kai said. 

"But--"

"Naeun, just come with me. I'll explain everything in the car. Lay has made his choice." Kai said. 

She nodded and left. 

"Take care of her." Lay said. 

"I will."

Lay sighed. "I'm losing patients."

"Hey, don't say that. Your career isn't over. You're rich and own 6 hotels  and your father also owns 5 other hospitals and clinics." Kai said. 

Lay just chuckled. "Yeah, I guess. Look, this case of nurses disappearing, it's insane."

"I know. But we'll find them." Kai said. "Anyway, I have to go, she's probably waiting for me."

"Okay. Don't do anything----"

"Hyung, I don't do those stuff." With that, Kai left his office.

Lay just chuckled and laid back on his chair. 

Still the same old Kai, huh

~In the Car~

"So, this means I'm out of the job, right?" Naeun asked.

"Yeah. I'm sorry that this has to happen to you." Kai replied. 

Naeun sighed. 

"I know your dream is to be a nurse, but I know there's lots of opportunity out there for you." Kai stated.

Naeun sighed again. "You're right."

"So, about being your body guard---"

"Daehyun asked you to do it, didn't he?" she asked as she cut him off.

"Yeah and I agreed to."

"Why?" she asked. 

"Your brother asked me to. He only trusts me with this assignment." Kai replied.

Naeun sighed again. "I'm not that weak girl anymore, Kai."

"I didn't say you were weak, Naeun." he said. 

"I know. But you're protecting me, following me and all. Isn't that---"

"Bothering me? No." Kai said.

Naeun rolled her eyes looked at the window. 

"I promise you, when this is over. I won't bother you no more." Kai said. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dear Diary, 

The case of missing nurses has gone insane. Oppa thinks I might be the next victim. I think he might be right. 

I am scared.

And now, I have Kai as my bodyguard. Isn't that like a guarding a princess or something?

I appreciate what my brother and Kai are doing but I don't...want them to get into anything dangerous.

About Kai, yes I still do have a crush on him and I'm glad, that he's with me. Hehe

Sometimes he can be cold, but on the inside he has a warm heart. Maybe that's why he's protecting me or maybe he's just doing this for the assignment.